Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Nautical Outfit - (Business Casual Attire)

Curvy, Petite Outfit Ideas | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | Nautical Outfit - (Business Casual Attire)
Hi Ladies,
I'm really loving this gold belt! When gold chain belts started coming out in stores, I thought they were tacky. I remembered  that I used to wear something like it over Express tunics and leggings in middle school and I wasn't excited to repeat that. However, I started noticing store displays where they incorpoorated gold chain belts into an oufit and it still came out looking classy and chic. So, I started picking them up when they were on sale and saying that I would try to incorporate them into my wardrobe. I've actually managed to work them into 2 work outfits, which I thought would be impossible. Here's the other work look I created. I'm still working on a way to wear it casually. I've tried them over maxi skirts and felt that I looked like a wannabe-Gypsy, which wasn't the look I was going for.
On a totally different, yet positive note - I’ve really been impressed with the number petite and plus size brands in the U.K. When I visitied England in college, I remember it being difficult to find my size (and I was a great deal smaller then). I couldn’t imagine how difficult it would be to be a professional woman and having to find a suit there. Although, after a quick search on the internet, I found out that the Plus-sized professional women are not alone! Many clothing designers and manufacturers in the UK are creating clothing collections just for them, like Workwear suppliers UK. Impressively, not only do they offer plus size suits and cute sheath dresses, they also offer them in petite-plus sizes!
So, what do you think, have you tried chain belts? I'd also love to know about any other European brands  that cater to the Plus or Petite sized woman. Thank you! :-)
 
Curvy, Petite Outfit Ideas | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | Nautical Outfit - (Business Casual Attire)
Curvy, Petite Outfit Ideas | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | Nautical Outfit - (Business Casual Attire)



SKIRT:  LOFT (SIM) | BRACELET: ANN TAYLOR (SIM) | TOP: OLD NAVY (SIM)
HEELS:  JOAN DAVID | BELT: LIMITED (SIM) | CARDI: J. CREW FACTORY
 

GET THE LOOK WITH THESE BUSINESS CASUAL PIECES (UNDER $100):




Linking up with:

3 comments:

  1. The gold accessories are such a nice addition for some color pop with the navy background. Beautiful dress.
    Red Reticule

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic look! Sophisticated! I remember wearing chain belts in the early '90's! I could never get them to sit right.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...yeah...I had to fiddle with this one a bit too :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!