Monday, June 29, 2015

How to style a swing dress - (Weekend Style)

 Curvy, Petite Outfit Ideas | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | How to style a swing dress - (Weekend Style)
Hi Ladies,
Have you tried swing dresses yet? I love them because they are comfy and drape well over curves. Plus, there are millions of them in stores right now! I can't think of a body type they wouldn't work on. Here are a couple tips when shopping and styling:

  • I originally bought this dress to wear with flats, but when I looked in the mirror, I looked like a Christmas tree. In came the wedges and I liked it much better. :)

  •  If you try one on and it looks like a big tent on you, try going down a size or getting it tailored to fit your shoulders and bust area. The key to not looking sloppy is having your swing dress flair from your underarm downward. (It will look like it's flaring from your chest down, but that's because you have a chest.) If you decide to alter it, just have the tailor take it in until it fits in your bust area and then gradually flair it out. If you pick a cotton blend you'll probably only pay about $20 for this.

  • Sometimes these dresses can make you look blocky because they hide your figure. I've found that tying a shirt around my waist or hips is the best way to get around this. Originally, I tried using a hip & waist belt, but they looked funny to me. 

  • I chose to wear a collar necklace with this dress, but they also look fantastic with long pendant necklaces that hit around your stomach area. 
I hope you enjoyed these tips!  

Do you have any tips or tricks to add?
Curvy, Petite Outfit Ideas | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | How to style a swing dress - (Weekend Style)

Curvy, Petite Outfit Ideas | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | How to style a swing dress - (Weekend Style)

Curvy, Petite Outfit Ideas | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | How to style a swing dress - (Weekend Style)


Curvy, Petite Outfit Ideas | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | How to style a swing dress - (Weekend Style)
NECKLACE: HAUTE LOOK SIM | SHIRT: OLD NAVY
SANDALS: CHARLES DAVID (SIM) | DRESS: OLD NAVY
BRACELET: J. CREW FACTORY

GET THE LOOK WITH THESE WEEKEND STYLE PIECES (UNDER $100):




Linking up with:

6 comments:

  1. Such a fun and versatile dress! I love the addition of colors with the necklace.
    Red Reticule

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love swing dresses. They're one of my favorite pieces to wear. I tend to layer on the jewelry with them! You look lovely in this one.

    http://bedknobsandbaubles.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh...what a good idea! Swing dresses are kind of like blank canvases....I bet they look really good with layers!

      Delete
  3. Great Stripes, you look stunning!

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh... pretty pretty!! I have not tried swing dresses yet. I am in a fashion rut that I can't seem to get out of.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!