Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Tailoring Tips: Petite or Curvy Dress Tailoring

Hi Ladies,
I picked up this cute, little dress at Old Navy for about $15. It was the perfect weight for summer (cotton with a little spandex) and the fit and flair cut is great for me! I live in the south, so I pretty much live in cotton dresses until November. Unfortunately, they didn't carry it in Petites, and as you can see from the "Before" picture, it didn't fit great.
 Curvy, Petite Outfit Ideas | Professional and Casual-Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | Tailoring Tips: How I got the perfect fit for my summer dress!
DRESS:  OLD NAVY 
Since the price was so low and I knew I would wear the heck out of it, I didn't mind spending $25 to make it perfect.

I also put these two pics side by side, because I really wanted to illustrate how vastly different the same dress can look with a bit of tailoring. What do you think?

Peace, Love and Tailoring :)
- Merrie




FTC Disclaimer:

All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!


Linking up with:



7 comments:

  1. Wow, those small changes really made a difference, love your tailoring posts!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady...I'll keep cranking them out :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I think it looks fabulous! What is so interesting to me is that you are able to see the possibilities in clothes that don't fit properly! I wish I had your eye. Instead, I just frustrated and assume it won't work.
    By the way, you seem to always find excellent tailors every time you move. What's the secret to finding a good one?!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I've got a suprise for you that's going live tomorrow. Let me know what you think! :)

      Delete
  3. This dress is a steal for this price and you've done a really good job with the fitting. The colour is also so summer perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady...it's so good to hear from you!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!