Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Riot of Color: Spring Cleaning in the K. Household

Hi Ladies,
In honor of spring, I decided to do a little cleaning...not the boring kind, like dusting and mopping, but the fun kind, like organizing my jewelry! I know some bloggers have figured out how to store all of their jewelry in drawers and little boxes, but I've decided to go with the "anti-minimalist" route. I call it "A Riot of Color", which I'm sure I've heard somewhere else, and it falls under the philosophy of "If it's pretty...show it off"!

I bought all of the storage items from Home Goods, Target and Ikea. I hope you have fun decorating and would love to see how you do it!

I also want to send a special shout out to Elba at Live Colorful! She has the best taste in colors and I always find her site inspiring. Check out her post on spring decoration: here!




Cute, Cheap Stuff to Inspire You!


Other Ways to Find Inexpensive Decorations
  • Haute Look: They are an "event" site, so sign up for their emails to be alerted when a brand you like is being featured. Free shipping on orders over $100 and you can return to any Nordstrom Rack.
  • West Elm: Normally pricey, but checkout their sale section for great trays and jewelry boxes.
  • Urban Outfitters: Their home section has really cute stuff that looks like it comes from Anthropologie, but their prices are much better. They often have sales and free shipping over $50!
  • H&M: They now sell home stuff! Great prices and cute stuff.

All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!



I'm also happy to announce that my Crushing on Orange Lips post was selected for IFB's Links a la Mode last week...please checkout all the other cool posts in the round-up:

lalam0417

What Makes You Beautiful?

They say "Beauty comes from within," but then, why are we constantly trying to perfect our outsides? Beauty issues have been making waves on the internet the past few weeks. What makes us beautiful? What is beautiful? Well, those are some pretty heavy questions and perhaps the answer cliche as it is, you know, coming from within... That "within" also encompasses self-care and self love. This week we have some wonderful beauty posts, along with posts that share the love.  

Links à la Mode: April 17th

SPONSOR: Born Free miss june, Steven Alan, Sauvat, Eastdane, Chalk, Raleigh Jeans, Peixoto, Beth Richards, MCM handbags, Gazinskaya, Gant Rugger & Deadly Ponies

Want to be featured in Links à la Mode?

1. Read the clarified rules and submit your links on this page: Links à la Mode. 2. If your link was selected and you need this week’s code, visit this page: Links à la Mode Code.


32 comments:

  1. I love the way you organized everything! It looks awesome! I love the idea of having everything out in a pretty way - I bet you are a lot more likely to actually use it if you can see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, good point! It is a lot easier to see what you have and grab something now. I used to have everything in boxes and it was easy to not bother wearing jewelry.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on getting your post chosen for IFB! That is so cool!
    Those Ikea dishes are awesome. Love how you decorated with your jewelry. My only question is how on earth do your cats not see that as their very own playground? Aaaackkk. It is dangly kitty heaven.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know...i wonder that myself...i think the trick is that the counter is so full that there is no place for them to walk...also my chests are in a corner, so there isn't really any place to go...you'll have to get marcy's take on this :)

      Delete
  3. Your pin board is beautiful---I don't have room for one in my dorm so I just use push-pins to approximate. I also really like the dish idea for ring storage. If I had more space, I think displaying my jewelry in tea cups would be the way to go!

    Brittney

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are really cute ideas...thanks for sharing! :)

      Delete
  4. Love how you organized everything! You have inspired me to get my jewelry out where I can see it!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great organizing ideas! I'm a sucker for anything stylish and organize-related haha! Just found your blog in the link up!
    XO Ellen of Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks absolutely wonderful! I love the little dishes and the tray. And you have such a great collection of fragrances! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love the chevron patterns! Great organization! I think I need to make a trip to Target!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the suggestions! I definitely need a better way of storing my jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Organizing jewelry is really fun! the pinboard and the paper flowers are fab, Thank you so much for the mention ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this!! I need to hit up Target, somehow I always forget about them for stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the've really stepped up their home decorations...they always have really cute stuff!

      Delete
  11. This looks like heaven! I like the organization system :) why I can't do it myself so well?!

    Lu ❤ www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love those little feminine jewelry boxes. You did a wonderful job organizing! It looks like spring exploded! Fabulous! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. love those images! I'm always looking for crafty and pretty ways to display my hoard of jewelry. love these ideas :)

    xoxo- Kristen
    kristengbeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I subscribe to the Chaos Theory too for jewellery storage. Too pretty to hide away. I have lots of mine on my 50s vintage dresser on a vintage tin tea tray with vintage Kewpie dolls.

    Thanks for joining Wardrobe Wednesday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh...I bet that's really cute...do you have any pics out of it?

      Delete
  15. Oh man I needed to read this! I am the worst at organizing my jewelry! Can't wait to follow along!
    Kaylee
    www.atkikis.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I purchased like a huge jewelry armoire last year and it's been mostly great... but since moving to my house it's been a pain to get to because it's in my closet. I'm now trying to find better ways to store (and access) my jewelry but have such limited countertop space! Maybe I'll create a little something in my bedroom.... anyways thanks for inspiration!

    & Thanks for linking up with Lovely Thusdays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Keep up the grand bit of work, I read few substance on this webpage and I imagine that your site is truly intriguing and holds groups of good information. buy face book followers

    ReplyDelete
  18. Are you presently looking to ways to accrue worldwide popularity quickly? You merely will need to Buy Facebook Followers to become well known online. buy followers for facebook

    ReplyDelete
  19. Scared of being fooled while you Buy YouTube Views? At this website, we lead you doing so. how to buy youtube views

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!