Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Crop Top Style - (Weekend Style)

 Curvy, Petite Outfit Ideas | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | Crop Top Style - (Weekend Style)

Hi Ladies,
So, this is more of a "concept outfit". :-)  I don't think I would ever have the guts to wear it outside, but in the safety of my own home...that's a different matter.

It also helps that right now I only have to be in two dimensional photographs and can throw out any that aren't flattering. I feel like if I wore this in public, I'd spend the entire time tugging at my outfit and making sure I'm properly covered. This situation would then violate one of my first tenants of dressing: "Thou shalt be comfortable"! Therefore, I will probably never wear this in public, however, if I ever get asked to be a living statue, and could spend the evening leaning up against a wall - I would do it and wear this. :)
However, I keep seeing cutie pie bloggers like Gabi Fresh who will rock a crop top in a minute and look good! I don't know...maybe it's because I'm in my 30s or because I'm southern and we are taught to cover up. Maybe it's because I'm an east-coaster and we are drawn to layering. Either way, I'm uncomfortable showing my stomach in public, but since I now own a crop top - I have set a goal for myself to wear it, out in public, one day this summer.

Anyone want to do it with me? Where do you stand? Do you only crop top in your mind or will you go out in public?



Curvy, Petite Outfit Ideas | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | Crop Top Style - (Weekend Style)

Curvy, Petite Outfit Ideas | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | Crop Top Style - (Weekend Style)
SKIRT: NORDSTROM (SIM), ANIMAL PRINT ON SALE
TOP: LOFT (SIM) | HEELS: (SIM)

GET THE LOOK WITH THESE WEEKEND STYLE PIECES (UNDER $100):




Linking up with:

11 comments:

  1. Alright now cutie, looovvvve this look, so sexy! Would not have thought to pair a more dressy top and tie it, good look!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Love how you styled this with a pencil skirt!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite outfits of yours! You should totally wear it outside -- you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like a 1940's pinup girl! Va va Voom!
    I only crop top in my mind. But that is because I am in my 40's. However! I do have a high waisted skirt that would probably look good with a crop top and my mission is to find one. Of course, none of my skin will be showing.
    You are still young so go out Young Woman in your crop top before you really really really feel too old to do it. Or not. I also hate pulling and fussing with my clothes. Drives me bonkers.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....thanks for helping me make "crop top" a verb....I hope webster picks it up this year :) I'll let you know how my progress goes :) BTW, I just came from target today and they had a ton of crop tops and they fit really well too!

      Delete
  5. The way you've styled this outfit ~ yeah, you rock it and can wear it out in public with confidence! As a pear, I probably could do a crop top, but I'd only be comfortable standing .. not sitting .. lol.

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!