Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Who Did It Better? You Decide! (An easy way to layer perfumes)







         VS.












Hi Ladies,
I need your help! On the left side we have Merrie K., the reigning new-comer to the world of perfume modeling. On the right we have Keira Knightly, an internationally known actress, model and apparently the only person alive who truly captures the essence of Coco Chanel. Who is selling their perfume better??? (Please cast your vote in the comments below.)

Ok. Ok...be nice! :) I graciously concede the floor to Keira (even though she has an entire retinue of stylists, makeup artists, lighting assistants, photographers, photo retouchers and all I have is myself and a camera...but that's not the point!) She is truly a beautiful and talented woman. :)

So, as the Jo Malone ambassador in my home, what am I here to talk about today? It's that time of year again...when swarms of men (and women) decend upon the mall and beg cosmetic assistants to help them find perfume for their loved ones.  So ladies, it's up to you to drop some key hints, so that you don't wind up with Macy's special of the week. Having said that, I highly recommend Jo Malone!

I love them because their fragrances are high quality, light, come in about 40 scents and are designed to be mixed and matched. My absolute favorite is Rose Water and Vanilla. It smells different every time I spray it. I've been wearing it for the past year, which is the longest I've ever worn a perfume. I also have never gotten so many complements on a scent!

So, how does scent layering work? You start off by choosing your main scent. I chose Rose Water and Vanilla, because I love vanilla.
To ensure that I never tire of it, I have the following scents to mix with it... 


Great for winter...creates a warm, baked goods type of scent.

Adds a citrus note.

Adds a fresh note.

Enhances the sweetness of the vanilla.

How to combine all this knowledge into the perfect V-Day Gift?
1. Checkout Jo Malone's Fragrance Combining Tool
2. Visit Nordstroms and get samples of your favorite scents
3. Strategically leave them around your apartment/ home for your loved one to find. (Don't down play the power of propaganda...the more advertisements the better!)

This is not a paid advertisement. :( I received no compensation for this post in any form or fashion, although I would be happy to be their Brand Ambassador in the future. (Hint! Hint! PR Firms.)

All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however If you decide to make a purchase through the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!



Elizabeth Nygard + LYL Link Up
Glossy Blonde
The Fashion Canvas


16 comments:

  1. This is interesting. Thank you for sharing your tips. I now look at my Jo Malone in a whole new different level and possibly mix it with my other perfumes. Thank you for participating in the weekly Beauty Buzz link up :) Have a fabulous day!!!

    xo,
    Janise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I thought they had a really cool concept and they have about 50 different fragrances so they have to have something for everyone!

      Delete
  2. You are an stunning model. Must go spritz from the nearby Jo Malone. Found you today from #BeautyBuzz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet :) LOL...I was just having a good time! You should! They sell it at Nordies and Sacks.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I like the hints of vanilla and tea in perfumes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too...anything that is good to eat should also be good to smell! :)

      Delete
  4. ^5 to a fellow vanilla fan. And as for the better model, CLEARLY it is Merrie K. She is the only one with sense enough to understand that you don't LICK the fragrance bottle for desired results. Plus, germs. Ew. Can't wait to see who your next contender will be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...you are too funny! I can tell great minds thing alike...i tried to do it like her, but I just couldn't bring myself to put the bottle on my mouth...LOL :). Although, for the amount of money they are paying her, I would've gotten over that :)

      Delete
  5. I've never tried layering scents before but it sounds like a great way to create a really unique signature scent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course you did it better. Did not know you could mix the Jo Malone fragrances, will definitely check that out at my local Nordstrom's.
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU!!! But of course. And anyway, I worry that Keira is going to poke her eye out.
    Very interesting about layering scents. Also, that Earl Grey and Cucumber sounds like an interesting combo in itself. I will have to check it out next time I am at Nordstrom.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...or get cooties from the bottle top. :) Yeah, pop by...they are quick to give you samples too.

      Delete
  8. Adorable opening pic!! It made me smile!
    And this post literally blew my mind! I don't know why I've never thought to layer scents before! Genius!
    morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...glad you liked it :). Let me know what cool combinations you find.

      Delete
  9. Thanks...glad you liked it :). Let me know what cool combinations you find.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!