Friday, July 31, 2015

Kiyonna Review | Dressy Casual

Kiyonna Review | Dressy Casual | Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration




Hi Ladies,
Thank you so much for your support and well wishes yesterday! I was really feeling like crap and it was comforting to know that so many of you have gone through similar situations. Just so you know, I did reach out to the adoption agency to see what kind of support they can provide, so I'll keep you posted. Thanks again! :) Now, on to something fun:

I'm pleased to have been accepted as part of Kiyonna's Blogger Brigade! They are a clothing company that designs for U.S. sizes 10+. Being a Petite Career Girl reader entitles you to exclusive discounts that I will always let you know about! Right now they have free shipping and 20% off orders of $150 or more at Kiyonna.com (code: SUMMER2015). Kiyonna's clothing is manufactured in America; in fact their facilities are all the Anehiem area of Los Angeles. Pretty cool, huh? I wish I was still on the west coast, so I could pop by.

I really love this dress and wish it was the 1970s, so I could wear it while hosting a party at my villa in Morocco. So, I'll just need a time machine and lots of money. :) If you like this dress, here are some tips and observations:
  • For a size reference, I ordered a 1X which was a little large, but not noticeably so. (I've lost about 10 lbs in the past 2 months, so this probably would fit perfect when I was a true 16.)
  • The material is a soft stretchy jersey, so you can live in this dress.
  • If you are 5'3" or less, you will probably have to shorten it. Even with 3 inch wedges, I will need to get a few inches cut off. (This should cost about $20 - $30 at a tailor. Shop around!!! Some shops will try to charge you $50 to hem a maxi dress. Just smile, walk out and find another one.) 
  • If you have narrow hips (i.e. your hips are about the same size as your waist), then this is the perfect dress for you! The peplum shape will add a curve to your hips and balance out your top half.
  • Conversely, if you have curvy hips already (like me), the peplum enhanced my hips in an unflattering way. Therefore, I hid the ruching in the middle under the belt. This effectively raised the skirt to my natural waist and made the dress more flattering. You can have a tailor do this permanently for you for about $20. (Click here or email me for more details on how to raise the waist of a dress.) If you are around 5'5" and up, you will probably not have this problem and can wear the dress off this shelf.

Kiyonna also has styles for every occasion: from a wedding to work. Here are some of my favorites: (click on the pictures for more details)
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=918780&b=539&m=293&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Ekiyonna%2Ecom%2Fplus%2Dsize%2Dclothing%2FMaxi%2F13142204http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=918780&b=539&m=293&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Ekiyonna%2Ecom%2Fplus%2Dsize%2Dclothing%2FWrap%5FDresses%2F11152502
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=918780&b=539&m=293&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Ekiyonna%2Ecom%2Fplus%2Dsize%2Dclothing%2FSeparates%2F48142401Dsize%2Dclothing%2F12132208%3F


Kiyonna Review | Dressy Casual | Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration




Has anyone tried Kiyonna yet? I'd love to know about your experience! 

DRESS: KIYONNA | NECKLACE: MY FAV THINGS FOR YOU
HEELS: CHARLES DAVID (SIM) | COLORED BRACELET STACK: PURA VIDA
GOLD CHAIN BRACELET: BANANA REPUBLIC (SIM) | SILVER BRACELET: BANANA REPUBLIC (SIM)
GOLD BRACELET STACK: NORDSTROM (SIM)  | HEELS: CHARLES DAVID (SIM)


Linking up with:

5 comments:

  1. So pretty! You need to be on a fabulous tropical island with an umbrella drink in your hand! :D
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome on you! Perfect for vacation!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's mostly polyester too, so it shouldn't wrinkle. Have you tried Kiyonna yet?

      Delete
  3. Thank you! Ok, looking forward to friday :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!