Thursday, July 2, 2015

Maxi Skirt Outfit - (Weekend Style)

Hi Ladies,
You know who I envy? Those bloggers who can sit down and neatly summarize their thoughts, feelings and life events into a few neat paragraphs and then Voila!...they are done with a post. Me - you put a computer and mouse in front of my hand and suddenly my mind goes blank. I think "what am I gonna write about, nothing interesting happened to me this week"? Of course that's not true. If we weren't interested in each other's lives, then  reality shows wouldn't be so popular. In addition, I love to talk and I love to write, so I should be blathering all over this blog. People should be leaving me comments asking me to be a bit more brief, but instead I get my friends telling me that I should talk about myself more. I just stare blankly and think, "talk about what"? So anyway, today I stumbled upon one of Frannish's posts and she does this neat, organized weekly summary thing that I'm going to try. Here we go!
Job:
I've been working my tush off on the blog this month. I've got some super exciting things coming up. I mean, so exciting that I could scream...Eek! I can't wait to tell you about them, and I will...in about 2 weeks. :)
Personal:
Health wise, I've got a lot going on right now! For the first time in months I have no muscle aches or pains and I've lost 10 pounds! I know you didn't know I was trying to loose weight, because I struggled with whether or not to talk about it on the blog. You know that I'm a "curvy" style blogger, so does me trying to loose weight make me "Body Un-positive"? I think the answer is 'no'. At this weight, I feel beautiful most days and when I was 50 pounds lighter,  I also felt beautiful most days.  However, I have now been diagnosed with one health problem due to my weight (foot pain) and another due to my lack of activity (hip pain). Plus, I gotta be honest and say that I'm not loving the extra skin around my neck. Of all the superficial things, that's the one that bugs me the most. 
I've gotten over the annoyance of not being able to shop at Ann Taylor or Banana Republic stores any more. I have to order my size online and I've found a lot of other stores that don't make it difficult for me to shop. However, the flabby neck thing bugs me. I see it every time I take a picture and I'm constantly reminding myself to straighten my neck in pictures to try to make it not show. I don't like that. So I'm down 10 pounds and maybe 40 more to go? We'll see...it kinda feels impossible right now. I've never needed to or tried to loose this much weight. I know it can happen....regular people do it every day, but it still seems impossible. My goal is not to focus on it too much and just be greatful that I'm motivated now! :)
Watching/ Reading:
I have been working my way through The Borgias for the past two months. It's a really (think dictionary) thick book that I got at the library. I love medieval history, so I should've plowed through it by now, but it's been hard. It covers a family over hundreds of years and by reading only a few pages each night, every time I pick it up I have to flip back through the pages and figure out who they are talking about. I've reached the maximum amount of renewals on my library card, so I've got to return it now - unfinished. 
If you like history, you should definitely pick it up....maybe the audio version? It's about a fascinating line of rich, European self-made royalty who were also Popes and ruthless! You may have heard of Lucrezia Borgia, who was a great beauty and who's husbands kept being murdered by her family when they became "not so useful". She was also the daughter of a Pope, which is a big no-no in the catholic church, but hey, if you're a Borgias - you make things happen! Fascinating read....I'd jump on it if you have a little more free time on your hands than I do right now.
I hope you enjoyed this little foray into my life. I'd love to know what's going on in your's and can't wait to chat again!
Take Care,
- Merrie
 
Curvy, Petite Outfit Ideas | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | Maxi Skirt Outfit - (Weekend Style)

Curvy, Petite Outfit Ideas | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | Plus Size Fashion | Summer Fashion | OOTD | Maxi Skirt Outfit - (Weekend Style)
SKIRT:  NORDSTROM | TOP: TARGET (SIMILAR), SIMILAR
NECKLACE: BANANA REPUBLIC (SIM) | HEELS: SAM EDELMAN (ON SALE!)

GET THE LOOK WITH THESE WEEKEND STYLE PIECES (UNDER $100):




Linking up with:

7 comments:

  1. I hope that you will be able to get your health issues under control son. Nothing worse when you're under pain. I look forward to seeing more! Love your laid back, polished weekender style here!
    Red Reticule

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to it too :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome post! Love love love hearing about what is going on in your life!
    I cannot wait to hear about what's coming up on the blog in the next couple of weeks!! I am so glad you are feeling better and hope that you feel super amazing very soon! You always look so beautiful!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scream! I can't wait to share them with you :) I'm glad you liked the post :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely look! I'm in the market for a long black skirt. Weight. It's it a pain .. lol. Ah, well as someone who gained a bit on vacation .. I know how you feel. I'm finally down .. 2 whole pounds .. whoo hoo. :-P

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks 4 linking up to Top of the World Style. Your outfit is gorgeous. I love the slit in the skirt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!