Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Cute Swimsuits for Pregnancy & Ann Taylor Review

cute swimsuits for pregnancy


Hi Ladies,
While writing this series on fabulous One-Piece swimsuits (Part 1: Glamorous & To Wear to a Pool Party/ Part 2: Swimming & Sunbathing), I couldn't resist showcasing these cute pregnancy suits that I found. How cute is the retro styling? Also, I love the fact that the designers added details right under the bust, which draws in the narrowest part of the torso and emphasizes curves.

Also, I popped into Ann Taylor a few weeks ago and tried on some summer staples, plus a beautiful summer dress. I want to to share them with you and their fit.

Ann Taylor Clothing Review

When I saw this dress on the rack, I thought it could only be worn to church or baptism, but once I tried it on...I think it would be beautiful at a picnic or nice restaurant. I tried on the 10P and that's the size I normally wear in dresses at Ann Taylor. This fit perfectly all over, except it was a little tight under the arms. (Comes in Petite, Misses)

Ann Taylor Clothing Review

Ann Taylor Clothing Review
You need a great pair of shorts for the summer! I love the clean tailoring on these ones (no bulky pockets), because it's slimming. They also come in the 4 colors above. I tried these on in a 12 Misses, because I wanted the longer length. Normally I'm between a 12 & 14 in pants, and I usually go up a size because I don't like a tight waist. I found the 14 to be huge, but the 12 was tight when I sat down. Oh well... (Comes in Petite, Misses)
Ann Taylor Clothing Review

I think this is a great pencil skirt for summer, because it comes in a light weight material, 6 pretty colors (above) and includes stretch for comfort. :) Unfortunately, the fit did not work for me. The 12, which is what I normally wear in a skirt, fit in the waist but was very baggy in the hip. Weird! This could be fixed by a tailor, but I wasn't in the mood for that. (Comes in Petite, Misses)

Verdict: I didn't buy anything, but these are great pieces if I had a slightly different body shape or they had a different fit.


FTC Disclaimer: All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!


3 comments:

  1. Those pregnant models look sooooo cute in those swimsuits. Just adorable.
    I like the pink skirt! And your pointy toe shoes. Love pointy toe shoes. Where did you get them? Are they comfy?
    The dress is so sweet! The sleeves are fantastic!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!! I hope I look that cute when I"m pregnant. Those shoes are from Ann Taylor... and they are SUPER CHEAP right now...I got them for $33! Yes they are comfy...vince camuto makes their shoes now (of course they aren't as comfy as flats, but I wear them to work). Let me know what you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pieces are great! What a pity they didn't fit well. The pink skirt looks gorgeous on you. Thanks for linking up. Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!