Friday, July 4, 2014

June Nailettte Box & Very Inspiring Blogger Award

Hi Ladies, 
I got two pretty colors in my Nailette Box this month! 

(What is Nailette? It's a subscription box of nail polishes. For $9.99/ month I receive 2 hand-selected colors, based on my tastes and skin tone. If you are interested in signing up, use "meredith50" and you will receive 20% off your first box!) 

This month I received a shimmery teal called Amazon Amazoff by OPI and a dusky purple called Under the Twilight by Essie. I think that both the teal and purple will look amazing with white outfits.

June Nailettte Box: Amazon Amazoff by OPI & Under the Twilight by Essie

June Nailettte Box: Amazon Amazoff by OPI & Under the Twilight by Essie


June Nailettte Box: Amazon Amazoff by OPI & Under the Twilight by Essie

I also would like to thank Fashion for Petites for nominating me for the:


Rules

  1. Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
  2. List the rules and display the award.
  3. Share seven facts about yourself.
  4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
  5. Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you. (I’m already a fan of Fashion for Petites :))

7 Facts about me

  1. Even though I consider Atlanta my home, I was born in the deserts of Washington state. We had sand dunes in the back yard!
  2. I'm secretly creeped out by those Anne Geedes photos of infants in flowers pot or dressed up as green beans. :( I don't know exactly why, but it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. (If any of you have theories on this...let's talk!) (I think this baby has half a lime on its head...is that even legal?)
  3. I love reading, podcasts and books on tape! Right now I'm reading The Black Count, which is a true story of a black Haitian General who served in Napoleon's army. Apparently he was incredibly handsome, athletic and daring. He is also the inspiration for the Three Musketeers, because his son wrote the book (Alexandre Dumas)!
  4. I'm a bag lady...to me shoes are supposed to be comfortable and reasonably cute, but purses can be anything!
  5. I love bright lip glosses and have been rocking the same general makeup look since middle school, (although I no longer buy wet and wild fushia lipstick). :) One of my main reasons for starting this blog was to force me to try new looks.
  6. When I originally started this blog, it was just to have fun...maybe share what I've learned with a few people, but I had no idea it would become such a central focus in my life! I've made so many great friends and have so much fun talking to everyone and checking out other posts! I love that it allows me to release my creativity in such a broad way...I haven't had this much fun since I was a child making arts and crafts!
  7. Lastly, I get very disturbed by talking animals. You will never find me watching the new Alvin and the Chipmunks or Cat in the Hat...humans, animal costumes and CGI don't mix!!!!
     

The bloggers I would like to nominate are (in no particular order)...



FTC Disclaimer: All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!


16 comments:

  1. Merrie! Thank you sooooo much for nominating me!!! xoxoxo

    I agree with you about the babies and the CGI talking animals. I don't really like cartoons either. But I am a grump and not very crazy about babies. You have been reading some really interesting sounding books lately. I need to make myself a list of your recommendations. Oh - and I have had my bangs since 7th grade. But back then I wore black liner on the inside - (or water line?) of my lower lids which I do not do anymore thank goodness.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, great! If I find a support group for "our kind" I'll let you know :) LOL

      Delete
  2. I read your post in my bed, while having my coffee. So kind of you to nominate me and it was really interesting reading such personal things about you and getting to know you better.
    I'm hearing from a few places now about styling with colours that suit your personal skin tone, so it seems like I need to get a personal consultation too and find out if I'm missing on something :)
    I'll reply to your lovely nomination post on my blog very soon. Thanks again for thinking of me, Merrie xx

    Lu | www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not know that The Three Musketeers were inspired by Dumas' dad. That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nomination! Loved reading these facts about you, the baby one made laugh. I'll reply as soon as I can to the nomination. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to read 7 facts about you! We've lived in a couple of the same places- AZ and WA! (Total opposites from a climate perspective!) Thanks for thinking of me with the nomination! Although you might learn more about me than you want to when today's post goes up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it...super cute! I learned a lot about carylee too :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for the nomination, Merrie! It was fun getting to know you better. Like you, I'm a bag lady and I consider Cat in the Hat a bit disturbing lol. I can't wait to share more about me on my blog, thank you again ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it's not only me! Whew! That's a million dollars saved on psychiatric bills :)

      Delete
  7. Hahah I'm LOLing at the things that creep you out! That's so funny! Fun read, I will have to see how I can incorporate some interesting facts about myself in a future post! Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!