Monday, June 30, 2014

Top Shop: Shopping Guide

Top Shop: Shopping Guide


Hello Ladies,
I was in Chicago last weekend when I passed the huge Top Shop store on the Magnificent Mile. Top Shop has been carrying petites for a while, but I never had access to try them on. (They only have a few stores in the U.S. and Nordstom only carries their petites online.) If you don't know what Topshop is, it's a British brand that focuses on very trendy clothing.


 

Shopping Tips

  • Quality (value for price):

    I would categorize it as fast fashion, but the quality is much nicer than H&M and F21. I would compare it to Express. (Their prices are also similar to Express', except that they don't have awesome sales.)
  • Prices: average $30 - $100

  • Fit/ Sizing:  It's more of a junior's department fit, so curvy girls beware! 

    • Nordstrom: carries up to a 12P 
    • Topshop.com: carries up to a10P
  • Why shop here

    When you want to add trendy pieces to your wardrobe that fit well. 
  • Shopping Strategy: 

    • Regardless of where your curves are, look for full skirts, wide leg pants, shirts with drape/ stretch or structured shirts. 
    • This is not the place to try on skinny jeans if you wear a size 12 - you will get your feelings hurt. :)  Therefore, I stuck to full skirts on the bottom, and any top (since I'm smaller on top). This strategy worked well and I was able to buy the same sizes that I would get at Banana Republic or Ann Taylor.
    • If you don't have a large tush, then go for the short dresses and jumpsuits. (I would have to stand with my back against the wall in them...lol!)
    • Expect to go up a size if the item doesn't have any stretch. 
    • Checkout the accessories and handbags section. I found much better quality and style than H&M, but the same amount of stuff. Plus, it was organized better.
  • Return policy:

    • If you shop at topshop.com, it's not good. You have 14 days to return a shipped package or a month to drop it off at a store. (This sucks! Click here for more details.)
    • Therefore, I would recommend buying from Nordstrom. From what I can tell, they carry the same merchandise and Nordstrom has a much more generous return policy.
  • Clothing Review: 


     



















I loved this tee! It was super comfortable, in a pretty aqua color and had organza flowers at the bottom.  I can imagine wearing it with a pencil skirt similar to the one I'm wearing above and some heels. I liked size 8P and would consider sizing down in this top.

Click here for shopping details: Pink, White , Stripe
TOP SHOP ORGANZA TEE

I tried this top on it a 10P, which fit true to size. I didn't think this was going to be particularly flattering on me, because the ruffles would hide my waist, but it was ok. I think it would look better on someone who is less curvy, plus...look at the back! How cute is that?

Click here for shopping details: Ruffle Tank

 
Ok, so this skirt doesn't look flattering on me in either picture, but I thought I'd throw it in for some variety :). Honestly, I don't look good in skirts where the lining stops half way and these tiny pleats are always iffy. Anyway, it was the only skirt I saw that looked like it would be comfortable AND cute, so I tried it on. I tried on a 12 misses and felt like it fit the same as an Ann Taylor or Ban Rep one, however the waist is elastic, so their other skirts may not fit the as well.  I'd love to see this on someone with hips smaller than their torso, I bet it would be very cute.

Click here for shopping details: Midi Skirt


I love these bejeweled, lucite clutches at Top Shop, but they don't sell them online. :(

Have any of you tried Top Shop or have any shopping suggestions?

Take Care!

FTC Disclaimer: All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!


12 comments:

  1. Fast fashion - that's just how I would define Topshop too :)
    They have pretty and top trendy things, sell nice brands, the quality is good, but it a lot of mass production indeed.

    Lu, www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review for us petite girls! Sure do love Top Shop! Hope you had a great time in Chicago this weekend!

    Anna
    alilyloveaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...it was a lot of fun...ate a ton!

      Delete
  3. Love Chicago. Hope you had a blast! Both tops look cute on you, did you finally decide on both of them? I agree on the skirt though, but it was cute.
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't buy any of them...they were about $40 a pop, so I decided to hold :)

      Delete
  4. Jealous you got to go in the real store! I've never ordered anything online because I don't know how it fits. This is helpful. Looovveee those clutches. I've been looking for one like that. So glad you linked up!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Those clutches are adorable...I can't believe they don't sell them online!! Thanks for piping by :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing this helpful info with Little Miss Monday! You are the best girl! ;)

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I think there is a TopShop at the Grove in Los Angeles. I have never been to it since I thought TopShop was more like an H&M or a F21. Hmmmm.... I see a field trip in my future. I really like that midi skirt!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check it out...they have A LOT more options for you tall people :)

      Delete
  7. The ruffled blouses are very cute! And the skirts in both pictures are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!