Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Update on Easy Gel Nails


Hi Ladies, you know I blogged about Deborah Lippmann's Gel Lab a few weeks ago? I was so excited about this "Gel-like experience". It promised manicures that would last a week and could be removed with regular polish remover. It cost $45, but if it worked...I was there!

Well...it didn't. :( My polish chipped the next day, just like with a regular base and top coat. HOWEVER, I did pickup L'Oreal Gel Laque from CVS which has similar claims and only cost $10! It worked really well! I went 5 days before there was any significant chipping. (There was minor 'tip-wearage' or "shrinkage" after 3 days.) It's definitely worth the money and I'd love to hear anyone else's feedback.

Take Care!

FTC Disclaimer: All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!


11 comments:

  1. BOO on Deborah chipping after a day!! I guarantee I would have the same experience. Even regular gel manicures cured with a light only last 3 days max on me. For $10 I would consider giving L'Oreal a chance, though. Thanks for the feedback!
    Gina -- On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...some people may have better experiences with it though according to the reviews on Sephora...that's too bad about your gels...i always get abt 3 wks from them :(

      Delete
  2. Thank you for experimenting for the rest of us! What an expensive experiment though. Interesting that the $10 product worked better. I like it!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, trust that I bought them from sephora and cvs, so if/ when they didn't work...they went back to the store! :)

      Delete
    2. Oh good. I didn't know you could do that! Thank you for the tip!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the update! The CVS product is at least worth a try for only $10 bucks. Have an awesome day!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, and you can return it if it doesn't work!

      Delete
  4. Love that L'Oreal's gel is so much cheaper! not to mention works better! I have been looking for something I could buy that won't let my nails chip like regular nail polish! will definitely have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been one to have my nails done all the time but with these, it makes it look like I should get back into this stuff! :)

    www.bellevieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me neither...I really only do it now when i take my blog pictures, but then i always seem to be taking blog pictures, sooooo... :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!