Monday, July 28, 2014

ASOS Petite Shopping Haul

Hi Ladies,
Things are still crazy with the move...actually, things are absolutely crazy! I won't go into details now, because I'm still in shell shock, but let's just say it involved 2 days in a car with a howling cat, sleeping on the floor of a 100 degree apatment, bathing in the kitchen with paper towels...TWICE and some other stuff that I've probably blocked. I'm probably only going to get a chance to post twice this week and I know I'm so behind on keeping up with commetns. :( I hope things will calm down by next week! Miss chatting with you guys! Here's a post that I wrote a few weeks ago....

I took advantage of the sale that Asos had a few weeks ago. I love it when they do those 50% off sales, especially since most things were all arond $30! (If you don't know, Asos carries Petites, Misses and Plus and ships to many countries.) Unfortunately, I didn't fall in love with anything, especially since its so late in the season.

So, I felt that this Petite Chambray Swing Dress looked liked a nightgown on me. However, I tried it on with a belt to see if I like it better. It's better, but I'm not in love. I also would need to shorten the straps, so I wouldn't have continuous "wardrobe mishaps". I got a size 10P, which is the normal dress size for me. I would definitely size down.

 

Petite Chambray Swing Dress


I felt the same way about this swing dress. I bought a 10P, but it fit much better in the chest.
 

 

I don't know....I'm not loving all the emphasis on my chest area and I think the length is too short?? (I bought a 10P.)


Petite Sweetheart Dress


I think it's definitely too short and it was tight under my arms, even though I bought a 12P. What's up with that?
 

FTC Disclaimer: All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!


18 comments:

  1. Ohhh girl. I am so sorry to hear about your horrendous move experience. Moving sucks. No two ways about it. Bathing with paper towels in the kitchen pretty much takes the cake. As for your dresses, I think the white one is the best fit as-is, but you're pretty good at getting alterations so you might be able to make the others work a little better. Of course, now you have to find a new tailor!! The joys of moving!
    Gina -- On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...bathing in the kitchen was pretty pitiful and not at all glamourous...lol...but I was so grateful for cool, clean water that I made it work!

      Delete
  2. I love the sweetheart neck on you! And I do not think it looks too short. So sorry to hear about the move! Grrr - hope the week is better to you! :)

    Anna
    alilyloveaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...it's so good to get other opinions...I wish I could re-try everything on again :)

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about the move mishaps! Moving is never fun. I really like the sweetheart necklace one on you. The color is so pretty! I hope everything is calming down.

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  4. All these dresses look great on you! Especially the last two. Sorry to hear about the move!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Total bummer about your moving mishaps! Moving is one of the most stressful events of one's life. I do believe that it is right up there with death and divorce. The silver lining is that when all the stress goes away you will have one epic moving story to tell.
    I really like the dress with the sweetheart neckline. The color is so pretty. Your expressions in these dresses are priceless. You are just not buying it! I LOVE it! You never ever see bloggers take a pic with a "wth IS this?" exasperated look. So awesome! And so perfect! You could start a blog post series.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...Thanks :) I guess I should've kept that dress...everyone likes it...where were you guys when I was trying these on!! :)

      Delete
  6. I think the sweetheart dress looks great on you. :-) You should keep it.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have no idea how much I like the cute petite dress from ASOS.
    The white lace dress looks so adorable on you!! :))

    Lu | www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks...I strongly considered keeping that one...maybe I should've...lol

      Delete
  8. The chambray dress and white lace dress look really cute on you, and without the belts. I really hope the move mess settles down soon and it feels like home very soon!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy crap! Good luck with your move - sounds like a lot of not so fun stuff! Impressed you can even manage the two posts! That chambray swing dress is adorable-- I agree with your decision on the belt, and see your point about the straps. I feel like it would have great layering possibilities! Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope everything is better now! That lace dress is too fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous colours! They all look beautiful on you!!
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!