Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Update your Daily Makeup Look for $8! (Product Review)





Hi Ladies,
I was happy to receive the Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer in Luna and NYC HD Color Trio Eye Shadow from Influenster to review. I originally planned to compare them to a more expensive nude eyeshadow and lip gloss that I own, but the second set of pictures turned out so bad, that there would've been no contest...LOL. So, instead I'll show you how to update your daily makeup look for only $8! The NYC HD Eyeshadow is a nice set of nudes that I can see working for fair to medium skin tones and the Rimmel lip gloss is a nude with a hit of coral, so it creates a nice warm shade. PLUS, you can buy both for $8 total! Question: what are your favorite wallet-friendly makeup items?

  • For the eyeshadow, I applied a primer and then swiped the lightest shadow all over my eye area. Then I used the darkest shade in the crease and the left side of the eye lid. Finally, I applied the medium color under the brow.

Pros:
  • Lip Gloss: Price. Nice, warm, nude shade. Texture was satiny, not sticky.
  • Eyeshadow: Price. Surprising amount of pigment for $3. Applied smoothly, and I didn't notice any streaking or fading.

Cons:
  • Lip Gloss: Streaky, but this often happens to me when I use shades lighter than my natural lip color.
  • Eyeshadow: The brown section of the trio was not dark enough to use in my crease, however lighter skin tones would not have this problem.

Click on Images Below to Buy! If anyone is interested in the exact shades I used, leave me a comment.
All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however If you decide to make a purchase through the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!



Style Elixir

 photo sslinkatss4fif6_zps86357846.jpg

14 comments:

  1. Great review! Hard to beat a $3 eye shadow!!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try that eyeshadow, it's the colours I use!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours are so wearable! Love them, Merrie! :)
    XOXO,
    Mel, http://wondermika.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really great on you! Definitely competes with the Naked palettes, for sure! Thanks for sharing!
    morepom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried the Naked palettes but I know a lot of people buy them. How do you think the colors compare?

      Delete
  5. That lip color is amazing, looks great on you!

    xoxo, KP
    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great items. I love it. Thanks for being a part of "Fashion item Friday". Perfect post for the link up. Wha hooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those shades are so natural & beautiful on you. My favorite cheapie cosmetic item is actually from Rimmel as well! I love their automatic eyeliner and lipliner pencils. They go on smooth and easy and are under $5.
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been really impressed with Rimmel....they make fantastic mascaras and lip glosses...now I'll have to try their their eyeliner and lipliner. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  8. I am not good with makeup at all so I am loving your ideas! Thanks for sharing with Three-fer Thursday! We wish you a Happy New Year!

    xo Bethany
    www.perfectlycoutured.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like CoverGirl and Avon when it comes to wallet-friendly. So glad I found you via #BeautyBuzz

    ReplyDelete
  10. That eyeshadow is really pretty and I LOVE the prices! Thanks for linking up with #BeautyBuzz this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review! Love the eyeshadow and the prices...can't beat that! Thank you for linking up with #BeautyBuzz!

    xo,
    Janise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!