Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Taking Stripes from Work to Play!


stripe dress & green cardi



Hi Ladies,
I'm still not at 100% health-wise, so I'm sorry that I've been slow to respond to your comments and posts. I just don't seem to be able to get a break...every medicine that I take seems to cause another issue! (I seriously wondered how much it would cost to have an out-of-network doctor...I just feel like the the in-network ones don't have enough time...if anyone knows...let me know!)

Anyway, here's a post that I put together right before I got sick. I have to thank my friend April for the awesome photography! She'd never used a DSLR camera before, but I can't tell! She also gets props for following me to downtown Phoenix to take these pictures, because it meant dealing with all the creepers who wanted to "just sit and watch us"....ugh.

I fell in love with this dress at The Limited, because of the stripes. Unfortunately, I never saw it on their site, so I've had to provide you with some alternatives....many come in Petites and one is about $20, so check them out!  As soon as I tried on the dress, I immediately thought it would be a great day to night piece...what do you think? BTW...after I put this post together, I immediately thought about downloading some of the Power Puff Girls episodes...I used to love them, but I hope I'm not too old to appreciate them. I'll download one and let you know! :)



stripe dress & pink belt





(Sorry the font is so small in my "process map" below...LOL...you may have to zoom in :))




More pics of the day look...


More pics of the evening look...



Day Look:  CardiBeltEarringsDress (see below)
Evening Look: RingClutch, Clutch (similar)Clutch (sim) - both on sale!Bracelet (sim)Dress (see below)

All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!


36 comments:

  1. Very good styling of this beautiful stripy dress!
    Both of the ways to wear it have their perfect charm :))

    Lu,
    www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you just used miniaudiere like nobody's business. With the accent in the right place and everything. I don't even know what that word MEANS but I just had to learn how to HTML that letter last week. Too lazy to do it in your comments section though. LOVE the striped dress and your day to night changes for it!
    Gina - On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha...the power of spell check! I had to google how to spell it....now I just need to learn how to say it :)

      Delete
  3. P.S. GET WELL SOON!! I'm sorry it's taking you so long to recover. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! The striped dress is super chic and ladylike. I hope you get well soon.
    http://redreticule.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is so pretty! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both ways you styled the dress. I love finding clothes I can wear both day and night. I hope you start feeling better soon. Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too..I don't put enough effort into looking for them, but love it when I find them :)

      Delete
  7. Just discovered your blog through Treasure Tromp, and I am loving your classy style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by...it was my first time at the hop...thanks for your feedback! :)

      Delete
  8. that's a really nice striped dress and so versatile indeed! I fell in love with your green cardi for the daytime look (maybe because I like green but don't own many clothes in that color!)
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great outfits! I just found your blog through the treat yo self Thursday link up with Nicole. I've been looking for some professional wear inspiration and your blog has done it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping by...I can't wait to checkout your blog!

      Delete
  10. Goodness, that's a very good effort for someone who isn't feeling very well! Love the PowerPuff process!

    Thanks for joining Wardrobe Wednesday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...thanks...I wish I could make cool process maps like this one for work! :)

      Delete
  11. This is such a great dress! I love both ways you styled it! I hope you are feeling better soon!! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a fabulous striped dress! One of my favorite prints, and it does transition so easily!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a really similar striped dress and I love how you styled it with the green cardi...it really pops!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Cookbook Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such a great dress! I love the green sweater with it a lot!

    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete
  15. That dress looks so good on you! It fits you perfect!

    Stopping by from the Three-fre Thursday Link Up!

    ~J~

    www.BlessHerHeartYall.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the dress, and how you showed such simple changes to go from day to night!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Merrie, I am so bummed to hear that you are still not feeling well. Gosh, I hope those doctors can figure it out for you!! Take your time getting back to the blogging. I am sure that we will all wait for you. I definitely will!
    This dress is so amazing on you! Demure with the cardigan and hot without it. Wowza!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind remarks :) I'm feeling much better now...hope it lasts!! :)

      Delete
  18. Love how you paired two different stripes for the evening look. You look fab! (even if you're not feeling fab)
    ~Ellen
    www.everydayfancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. the way you styled both almost make it look like two complete different dresses. I guess that is the objective huh? I love this post. You gave me about 10 great ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I hope we get to see all your ideas :)

      Delete
  20. Merrie your friend did a wonderful job with these pics! Oh the creepers...the nosy onlookers....they make me so uncomfortable. I have such a hard time taking pictures with other people present! I love the day to night transition! The green cardigan looks so pretty with the dress! Get well soon girl. I hear ya on the in network drs...definitely not my favorite....but the out of network ones cost an arm and a leg:/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...she did a great job! Ugh...I'm sorry to hear that. I just found an out of network doc who came highly recommended...I hope he's not crazy expensive :(

      Delete
  21. Love the way both of those bright colours make that black and white dress POP!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love both! I like how you shared that changing the hairstyle can make a difference, too!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pretty looks! I love your updo so much! And that green! The photography looks great. She did a really good job! I love a stripe dress!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  24. That dress is absolutely gorgeous! hanks for linking up for Look What I Got last week.  Hope to see you back tomorrow!
    Penniless Socialite
    $30 J. Crew Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love both looks! I adore the touch of pink with the belt in the second look :)

    Thanks for linking up at Let Your Light Shine Thursdays!

    I'm Perfectly Human - Link up again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats! You have been featured this week in our link-up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!