Wednesday, December 4, 2013

5 Simple Steps for a Smokey Eye Look (Studio Gear Holiday Smokey Eye Palette Review)


Hi Ladies,
Are you ready for Christmas? Are you already starting to feel a little stressed because there is so much to do, but so much fun to have? Or maybe you are makeup challenged like me? A person who's makeup skills are easily overshadowed by the average teenage girl.


Well, never fear! Here's an easy smokey eye that I was taught at a makeup counter one day. 

In this tutorial, I will be using Studio Gear's Holiday Smokey Eye Palette. I'm happy to be partnering with them and to be able to offer readers of Petite Career Girl a 10% discount on their entire order with this code: SGHOLIDAY. I think this palette is a steal at $25 because it contains 4 shimmery shadows: coal grey, gold, winter white and silver, plus a warm pink blush. I found the colors to be sheer, but build-able. Here we go!
  1. Apply a dark primer or cream shadow like this one. **Don't skip this step or your won't have a deep smokey look.**
  2. Pat and press the coal shadow onto your lid and into the crease.
  3. Dip your brush into the pink blush color and blend it into the crease (I know this sounds weird, but it produces a very natural look.)
  4. Take the same coal shadow and line under your eye with an angle brush
  5. Add mascara and Voila!
**As a bonus, I also used the gold shadow as a highlighter above my cheekbones.**


I'm always on the lookout for easy make-up looks, so please share yours in the comment section!

Please Note: I have been provided samples for this review, however all opinions are my own!

3 comments:

  1. Smoky eyes are always a good idea, especially for the coming holidays! And I think you've achieved a very good look.
    Thank you for sharing the code :)

    Lu
    Bloggers World Calendar 2014
    www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Lu...I'll pop by later this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Lu...I'll pop by later this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!