Friday, August 7, 2015

Yesterday was my Birthday!!


Hi Ladies,
Guess what? Yesterday was my birthday! (My 21st, of course! Yep, I'm just old enough to drink, which is awesome! Last year I made the mistake of celebrating my Sweet 16th and realized my mistake as soon as we got to the restaurant.) I celebrated it by eating fondue at the Melting Pot with two of my best girlfriends. This is a long standing tradtion for us. We hang out with a bigger group of ladies, but no one else seems to like fondue except for us. Therefore, we celebrate every birthday or special occasion by going there. It's imperative and part of the tradition that we stuff ourselves for 3 hours straight and then roll home into bed. It's perfect!

I want to send a special thanks to these ladies, who I met completely randomly when I first moved to Charlotte (7 or 8 years ago). Even though I don't have any biological family in Charlotte, they always made sure that I had a family to take care of me. Did I mention that they threw me a 30th birthday party in their own house, where they invited a ton of people, made foundue from stcratch and all the drinks were red and pink? These are also the people who welcomed me into their house when someone tried to break into my condo and I was too afraid to sleep there. It was a wonderful way to spend a milestone!

For a present, I treated myself to photography lessons and an AC adapter for my camera!! (Yes, I'm officially a blogger nerd now.) Actually, this is a present for you guys, since I'm sure you are tired of seeing that white curtain and bamboo floor in all of my summer pics. This women was amazing and gave me lots of cool ideas and helped me with my posing. I can't wait to show you the results! Mother nature treated me to a little bit of luck by making the camera store return some equipment for me even though it was past the due date, and my real mother is taking me to Charleston next month for a girl's weekend. I can't wait!


Thank you to everyone for your company and support this year! It's been a blast and I can't wait for tomorrow. :)



 My lovely friends, Candace and Camile, who are twins! (But not in the Budweiser Beer Commercial kind of way. I swear, every time I mention to a man that they are twins their eyes light up and I'm like: "Ok, everyone lets calm down and take a deep breath. They are sisters. They aren't going to suddenly start making out with each other.")

 Fiesta cheese fondue from the Melting Pot which is essentially fresh, made-at-your-table queso dip. It's awesome and our favorite. They had taken it off the menu for a while and just returned it this month. (I think they did it for my birthday) :) 

 Spinach and Artichoke fondue which is also a tradition.

 Finally, a creme brulee covered strawberry, which was amazingly delicious! Did I mention that I was served this was after we'd already eaten two bowls of chocolate? Whew, we barely made it out of the parking lot.

Overall, it was a wonderful day! :)

10 comments:

  1. Awesome sauce Leo Lady! Happy Birthday, so nice to have sweet friends! Looking forward to seeing your new poses. Have a great weekend!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Merrie!!! You're besties are the best! Love these photos! Can't wait to hear how your photography lessons go. You are so great at photography it is hard to believe that you think you need some tips!
    Yay for birthdays and friends!!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you are so sweet cynthia! Thank you. I think you'll really like them :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to you! Hope you had an awesome day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Can you believe that I have never eaten Fondue? You guys had a great time and continue to enjoy the weekend and celebrate - eat drink and be merry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you must! It's a great date place and for girl's night out. Thanks for your wishes :)

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday Merrie...may God bless you with many, many more!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated Happy Birthday Merrie! Yeah, you guys had spent best time with each other. You all look very graceful and I liked your photography too! I am also planning my birthday party too and still searching best venues in San Francisco. Can you please help me in my searching?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!