Thursday, August 6, 2015

Cooking Disasters Pt.2

Cooking Disasters Pt.2 | Random Wednesdays
Hi Ladies,
Sigh...my attempts to cook Italian Beef today, turned into Italian Blah. @#%$#, I hate it when that happens!! <pause to kick table> I couldn't even get the cats to eat it! Minnie just licked the salt off  and walked away. So, I wound up driving to the food store, buying bread, cheese and yogurt and eating what I call the "College Student Delight".

As I sit here semi-sated, I am reminded of the last cooking disaster I tried to foist onto my cats...


Last week, I tried making "Spicy Thai Chicken Soup", which I thought would be the yummy coconut soup that you get in Thai restaurants. However, in my hands it turned into "Thai Chicken-ey Creepiness". Since I am often creeped out by dishes that involve chicken or boiling, I thought I would get a more objective opinion. I put a few pieces into my cat's bowl thinking "Hey! It's a protein. She's a carnivore. How could this not work?" Well...SHE TRIED TO BURY IT! 

For those of you who don't own cats, burying is what cats do to thier "business" in the litter box. They will also bury dead animals. Basically it's them thinking "I know this is decaying matter, let me bury it so I don't pollute my environment". While I appreciate my cat's fastidiousness and even commend her for having better hygiene than many humans, I don't understand what this had to do with my chicken soup? What did my soup have in common with decaying matter???? In the end, I wasn't able to figure out why she wouldn't eat it, but I guess I can't blame her for not eating something I wouldn't. :)


So, does anyone else have any cooking horror stories to share? Checkout Cooking Disasters Pt 1 here. :-)



Linking up with:

10 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha.... I relate to that. Way too many cooking disasters in my share.... Finally now I a bit better. Atleast these days my cooking has become edible! Lolz!!!
    Fashion Panache Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I've had a few of these! #HighLatitudeStyleLinkUp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, cooking disasters happen way too often with me, especially when I'm feeling "creative" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I don't even do "creative" anymore. I can't take the risk :)

      Delete
  4. Cooking disasters happen to me when I'm trying to make something that's low cal, with unusual ingredients .. sigh .. I've dump more "healthy" deserts than I care to imagine. For dinners, I keep it simple - protein, veg, carb (rice or sweet potato). I just can't be bothered to whip up anything better than that .. lol.

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...yes, what is it about attempting to cook healthy that immediately puts you in the "danger zone"? It's like you are being punished for trying to eat right!

      Delete
  5. Cooking is so hard! I have been making beans from scratch and after 4 attempts I finally make pretty good mashed pinto beans. But then last week I tried it with black beans and the results were awful. I hate throwing away food but sometimes it is just not edible. I would listen to your kitties - they don't care if they are being polite or not. lol
    xo,cynthia
    btw, i hope you had some wine with that bread and cheese. mmmm... love bread and cheese...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...yea...they really don't care if they hurt your feelings! You gotta be ready for that level of honesty :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!