Thursday, August 13, 2015

Orange Swing Dress | Dressy Casual


Hi Ladies,
You almost got to see a whole "new me" today! I went to the salon this afternoon with the intention of getting the rest of my relaxed hair cut off. I thought it would only be about 2 inches, but when we looked at it in the salon it was about 4 inches. I wasn't ready to do that. I'm really excited though. My hair is naturally curly, and I haven't worn it that way since I was about 5 years old. However, I want to make sure my hair is long enough to put in a ponytail and cutting it now would've made it too short. Sooo...I've probably got another 4 months before I can go completely natural, but I can't wait!



I also finished recording my first YouTube video yesterday. It's about my eShakti shopping haul. I got 7 pieces last month and can't wait to share them. I'm learning how to use MS Movie Maker while I'm editing the video, so hopefully it will be done by next week. Then you'll all get to hear what I sound like. OMG...I had no idea how brave it is to make a YouTube video! It's one thing to post pictures of yourself on a blog, because you can edit them and only put the ones that you like. However, in a video..it's all you! I had to get over how squeaky my voice sounds and get over the fact that I say "um" a lot. A lot. Um, anyone have any tips for getting over that? :) LOL

Anyway, I'm about to sign off and catch up on some sleep. Have a wonderful week ladies! I know I'm behind on responding to comments and miss chatting with you!

-Merrie





HEELS: CHARLES DAVID (SIM) | NECKLACE: J. CREW FACTORY (SIM)
CUFF: OLD (SIM) | DRESS: OLD NAVY

GET THE LOOK WITH THIS CASUAL BUSINESS ATTIRE (UNDER $100):




Linking up with:

3 comments:

  1. Orange & Yellow - that's a great combo. Colorful, crisp & clean. I love the look.
    Fashion Panache Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colors are stunning together! I feel like you should be in South Florida looking cool and pretty and sipping a mojito on the beach or poolside with this look. Now I'm homesick for Ft. Lauderdale. lol
    xo,cymthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!