Monday, November 9, 2015

How to Look Modern in Pearls! | The Pearl Source Review

How to Look Modern in Pearls! | Dressy Casual | Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Fall Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration
Hi Ladies,
I'm back!! First, I want to say that I'm still having some trouble with the domain migration (surprise! surprise!). The menu bar isn't working properly, and we are working hard to fix it, so please bear with me. :)

Now, on to more fun things! Today, I'm pleased today to partner with The Pearl Source on a review of their Freshwater Pearl Necklace. To be honest, I'd never given much thought to owning real pearls, since I don't spend much time dining with the Queen of England. I generally thought of pearls as being stuffy and the only way to wear them was to layer them. Boy was I wrong!

How to Look Modern in Pearls! | Dressy Casual | Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Fall Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration

Dressy Casual | Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Fall Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration

The second these arrived in the mail, I could tell there was something different about them. Real pearls are delicate, lightweight and have a wonderful, creamy glow. (It's true what they say, pearls really do light up your face.)

Dressy Casual | Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Fall Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration

I fell in love with them immediately, but struggled with the best way to wear them. I knew that wearing a single strand with any sort of dressy or work outfit was not going to be my style. I wanted a way to wear them that was less "Dowager Queen" and more "Merrie". Since I love the "hi/lo" mix, I decided to go with an All American Casual Luxe look, which to me equals denim!


How to Look Modern in Pearls:

  • Tone them down with denim (Jeans or a jacket. No overalls!)

  • Don't tone them down too much by mixing them with obvious costume jewelry. Honestly, I would stick to simple pieces in either sterling silver or gold and that have natural stones (or at least looks like they do). You don't want your real pearls to look like costume jewelry as well.

  • Grab your best hand bag. You know the one that you wear on your arm, made of soft leather that's just perfect for strolling through a boutique.

  • Ballet flats and a classic red pout are sophisticated, yet modern.

  • Pair them with a thin sweater or thin white/ black tee. (Your nicest tee. Not the one you got from the thrift store with your favorite band on it.)

Voila! A perfect day look!

Dressy Casual | Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Fall Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration

Dressy Casual | Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Fall Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration

Dressy Casual | Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Fall Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration

Dressy Casual | Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Fall Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration

Dressy Casual | Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Fall Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration


How do you wear your pearls?


JEGGINGS: OLD NAVY | JEAN JACKET: OLD NAVY (SIM) | SWEATER: CHARTER CLUB (SIM) | RING: OH SO FITTING! | FLATS: BANANA REPUBLIC (SIM) | BRACELET: BANANA REPUBLIC (SIM) | NECKLACE: c/o THE PEARL SOURCE




GET THE LOOK WITH THIS DRESSY CASUAL ATTIRE (UNDER $100):




Linking up with:

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Pretty Girls wear 20 pearls! I have always loved pearls. So elegant and so classic! love the sweater and the flats!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I've never heard that phrase, but I like it! :)

      Delete
  2. Love your entire look!!!! Those curls! OMG - so jealous!
    Those pearls are so pretty. I really like how you styled them so they don't look stuffy but instead look modern and chic!
    Hang on there with the blog snafus. I was able to update you on my blogroll without any problems! Your new site looks fab!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still figuring out how to style my curls, but I'm excited!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful necklace, and I love your sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you trying to money right into a financial institution account, the whole quantity commonly cannot be immediately accessed; there could also be a waiting amount for the check to clean?
    check cashing near me Houston

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's very easy to finding U.S. http://www.unitedcheckcashing.com as we've an inclination to unit at your city or nearest places. merely confine mind U.S. which we are able to cash your check very short quantity with a awfully low price.check casher Bridgeport

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!