Monday, June 16, 2014

Pale Blue Fluted Skirt and Aqua Cardi

Loft Pale Blue Skirt and Aqua J. Crew Cardi
Hi Ladies,
While I'm working on this post, I'm sitting on my bed watching "Siberian Tiger Quest" by Nature (on Netflix). It's about a Korean man who left his wife and kids and went to live in a pit in Sibera to study tigers. (Yes, it was of his own volition. No, he was not being paid to do this. Yes, this is the same Siberia that felled Napoleon's army.) He said it was minus 30 degrees outside and inside, and all he bought to eat were 300 bags of cooked rice, nuts and a container of salt. He stayed in the pit for 3 months before he saw any tigers and then stayed another 4 months video taping them. One night, a family who's matriarch he'd named "Bloody Mary" (pause),  jumped on the roof of his pit and broke through trying to get at him. Then suddenly they left...

While I admire the man's fearlessness and determination, and realize that this awesome documentary couldn't have been made w/o his sacrifice...I can't help but wonder if he's crazy. I also can't help but feel for his poor wife, who I'm sure was simultaneously wondering if she'll ever see him again and mentally kicking him for not bringing any vegetables.

It's true that this story has nothing to doing with fashion, beauty or being petite, but I thought it was interesting. So, if you are looking for a tie-in, here it is: "Be bold!". (But not too bold...Siberia is really cold and he could've wound up as an appetizer for Bloody Mary and her 3 cubs.)


Loft Pale Blue Skirt and Aqua J. Crew Cardi

Loft Pale Blue Skirt and Aqua J. Crew Cardi

Loft Pale Blue Skirt and Aqua J. Crew Cardi

Loft Pale Blue Skirt and Aqua J. Crew Cardi

J Crew Factory Necklace

(This exact skirt is no longer available, so I've provided alternatives.)


FTC Disclaimer: All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!


23 comments:

  1. Beautiful pastel combination. And works so well with cream and tanned accessories!

    Check my latest giveaway, hun :)

    Lu, www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I did...I wish I lived in UK so I could take advantage of it :(

      Delete
  2. OK, the Siberian tiger guy is just crazy! I lack the adventure gene that makes people want to do stuff like that. I would, however, wear something somewhat bold. :) This color palette looks incredible on you!
    Gina -- On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah....I'll keep my study of tigers to wearing cool animal prints (vegan animal prints, of course!) :)

      Delete
  3. The color looks stunning on you! I love it with the pops of neon! Hope you had a great weekend!

    Anna
    alilyloveaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors in your outfit, the necklace is fabulous. Sounds like and interesting documentary. Fascinating, but you do kinda have to wonder if there were not a couple screws- loose in that man's head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...bless his heart, but I think I'd freak out on him if he were my son or husband...he'd worry me to death! :)

      Delete
  5. LOL, yes I agree be bold! Cute outfit, love mint green! Have a happy Monday!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful outfit. I just love the colors on you and your white top is adorable. Really great spring look!

    Jennie@ http://apocketfulofpolkadots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Gina- this is very you! And I wish one day you would land upon the KS heels I'm wearing today because they would be perfect with this. And every outfit... And PS I got your email- totally brainstorming for you and will reply when my world stops spinning! Http://morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are talking about your blue bow heels? I know...those heels would be perfect!!! No rush on the email...whenever you get a chance! :)

      Delete
  8. I love this look! It's very summery, very chic and ladylike and effortless.
    http://redreticule.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, that is a crazy story! I love this outfit on you! The mint color is so pretty and I love the necklace!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I just had to share it...it's crazy!

      Delete
  10. The wife was probably so annoyed with him that I bet she wished the Tiger would just go ahead and eat him so she could get on with her life. At least that's what I'd be thinking if I were her!
    You did the Nancy Drew hair again! Love this look on you! The pale blue is so pretty!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, she probably wished the tiger would finish him off so she could find someone who was "around the house" a bit more :)

      Delete
  11. I love the fluted skirt - a fun mix between a pencil and an a-line. The pastels are working for you too!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, sorry, I'm not going anywhere near Siberia. Granted I hate the heat but I haaaaaate the cold! And wild tigers, that would be annoying too, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it would be totally annoying when they try to eat you :) and then all those bags of rice...I'm a carbolic, but I don't even think I could do that :)

      Delete
  13. Great classic look, it fits you well and the color is beautiful.
    The material of the shirt looks sheer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I know...the shirt is sheer and I think it looks even more sheer in the pictures.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!