Monday, June 9, 2014

Comfiest shoes of the season

Comfiest shoes of the season

Hi Ladies, 
Hope you had a great weekend! Did anyone watch California Chrome race this weekend? I'm not into horse racing, but when I went to brunch, the lady sitting next to me was freaking out over the upcoming race and she told me all about his achievements. Then, when I went to get lunch, they happened to have the race on. I had never watched a horse race before, so I found myself surprised that I was sad when he lost. I also loved the fact that the whole event took about a minute! As a person who has been forced to sit through hours of baseball and basketball games that I didn't care about, I found this refreshing. One question though, do they actually hit the horses with the whip? If so, this would change how I feel about the races.

Today, I want to share some of my favorite shoes from this season with you. I'm a firm believer that you don't have to sacrifice style for comfort! I've personally tried on all of these shoes and bought most of them :). For reference, my foot is wider in the toe area, but I have a narrow heel.

What do you think...have you tried any?

9 comments:

  1. The Franco Sarto heels are my favorite! Thanks for the great picks! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing compilation of heels! So beautiful. The Ann Taylor models are so classy and chic - totally in love with them! :)

    Lu, www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorites are the BR platform shoes. I wonder if I could walk in something so high?
    Ah, Merrie... I don't like horse racing. I think it's mean. Most horse racing is shutting down here in California and I have to say I am pretty happy about it. Too bad we couldn't do a Derby Day without the Derby - just have fabulous party where everyone dress up and wears wonderful hats!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that means the do hit the horses?…sigh…that is sad. I was hoping that it was the sound that urged them on, but I should’ve known better. Even though I don’t trust horses, I don’t want them mistreated. :(

      Delete
    2. Merrie--I'm not sure that it hurts or scares them. It's possible to beat a horse abusively, which is always really sad. But horses communicate with each other in a physically rough way, and a lot of human/horse communication is physical in general. Race horses are also athletes, so think of how rough athletes can get when they're egging each other on? California Chrome's jockey specifically chose not to push Chrome too hard in his last two races.

      I do think that racing is really rough on horses. They are too young when they start training, and they've been suffering more and more injuries. I believe reforms could make it possible to let horses show off their speed in a competitive arena without wearing them out before they're fully grown. They also need to be cared for once they're no longer racing.

      Delete
  4. I like the Franco Sarto strappy high heel sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice picks! I love the AnnTaylor Polka Dot slingbacks.

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you on the mixed feelings on horse racing. It seems like an entertaining, easy to follow sport. But there's definitely controversy surrounding the breeding and treatment of the animals. Not pretty. :( Unlike your shoe options, which *are* pretty! I think Carylee has those same Sam Edelman flats, meanwhile I have the SE for Target version and am perfectly content with those. :)
    Gina -- On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've learned so much about horse racing since I created this post...I had no idea! :( Glad your target SEs are working out of you...this is my first year buying them and i'm in love :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!