Friday, May 9, 2014

Trends I'm Trying: Nail Wraps and Radiant Orchid Lipstick

Maybelline® Color Sensational® Vivids Lipcolor - BRAZEN BERRY
Hi Ladies,
So what do you do when the Pantone's color of the year doesn't look good on you? It's interesting, but I've read this same complaint on several blogs and don't recall hearing the same concerns last year when the color was Emerald. I think this purply-pink color is difficult to wear, and I probably won't buy any clothes in it. It's a pretty color but too close to my skin tone and therefore won't "set me off" :). However, I did find this lipstick by Maybelline and it's an easy way to try the trend...surprisingly I like how it looks. The lipliner and lipstick together cost about $11!
This is Radiant Orchid. (source)


Radiant Orchid Lipstick

 To create this look I used:




Now, onto the next trend...NAIL WRAPS:



I'm kinda behind the curve, because nail wraps have been out for a while, but it's my first time using them! I received these in my Petit Vour box and decided to give them a try. They are by NCLA and come in many designs. They were easy to put on using the directions and lasted for about a week. I did use a top and bottom coat, as instructed. However, what I didn't like is that these are essentially stickers, and left a white line at the tip when you file them off. Other brands that I've used since then, use layers of nail polish which doesn't do that. They also looked like stickers, so no one was going to mistake them for nail art. :) 

Verdict: I love the relative ease and longevity of nail wraps, but will try another brand that looks more similar to nail polish.


All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!


12 comments:

  1. I think the Orchid colour looks really good on you, so you have nothing to complain of :)
    I haven't used nail wraps, but I'm not sure if I'd buy any at all. I prefer simple and easy coat on my nails.

    Lu, www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you! They were kinda tricky, so afterwards I was happy to just put on a regular coat. Thanks for the feedback! :)

      Delete
  2. You look so lovely in orchid lips:-)

    Kisses,
    Mayoume

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you in the orchid lipstick! I am one of those people that does not look good in the Pantone color of the year. That's okay though - I only have to wait a year for it to change.
    I had never heard of nail wraps before your post. I don't think I will try them. They look like a lot of work.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) LOL...yeah, I feel like I'll get better putting them on, but they were kinda tricky. Here's to 2015...let's hope they don't pick "piggy pink"! (My hair stylist and I agreed that this is the worse color ever)

      Delete
  4. The lipstick looks gorgeous on you! Funny because I can wear the color in a blouse but absolutely not on my lips. :) I've never tried nail wraps either...I've heard decent things about them so one of these days I'll get around to it!
    Gina -- On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, it so weird...I feel like a blouse in this color wouldn't really work on me, but I like the lipstick. TTYL!

      Delete
  5. I think the Orchid lipstick looks nice. I think you should take the plunge and buy an item of clothing in that colour, maybe a top or skirt as opposed to a dress. I think you may be in for a surprise. Do it! I dare you? :P I'm now following you on Bloglovin', if you like what you see, please do follow me too :)
    http://louiseabenamensah.blogspot.co.uk/ (P.S. I'm also running a giveaway which you're more than welcome to enter)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice :). Actually, between the time when I wrote this post and posted it, I just ordered a dress in the same color...can't wait to see it!

      Delete
  6. The lipsticks itself looks more purple, so I would be scared to try that on myself. But it seems a lot more pink and very pretty on your lips. I think it's definitely a keeper!

    Question about the nail wrap, can you put a clear coat of nail polish on them, maybe make them look more shiny and more like they are painted on? :) Just curious because I haven't tried nail wrap/sticker before and I do want them to look less like sticker:)

    Van from Fashion for Petites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's weird...it IS more purple in the tube. I did use a glossy top coat with the wraps (forgot to put that in the article)...I don't think this one is indicative of all nail wraps...i just ordered another, so I'll let you guys know :) take care!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!