Thursday, May 22, 2014

Figure Flattering Pieces from Banana Republic & Marimekko Collab!

Banana Republic & Marimekko Collaboration!
Guess what? The Banana Republic and Marimekko collaboration launched today! I'm super excited about it because I love Marimekko's bright, modern designs and I love BR's minimalist style! I must say though, I wasn't wowed when I saw it :(. I really wanted to be though. I'm a card holder, so I got a preview, but I'm hoping that the collection will contain more pieces. Firstly, the colors are muted and I don't understand why...it's summer...this is the time for brights! Secondly, some of the prints are big, which generally aren't flattering on petites or curvy people. However, I have combed through them and selected what I think are the most flattering items.

What do you think of the collection?
  1. Marimekko Collection Tamara Dress - PETITE
    • small print won't add bulk
    • drop waist is great for people with thicker hips
    • unfortunately, there is no stretch in the blend, which makes it more less comfortable.
  2. Marimekko Collection Kivet Pleated Dress PETITE
    • small print won't add bulk
    • pleats won't add bulk to hippy folks, because they stitched down the top of the pleats
    • good try for all shapes
  3. Marimekko Collection Kivet Hampton Short
    • small print won't add bulk
    • polka dots are very "in"
    • black and white go with everything...try a top in a solid color or another black and white design
  4. Marimekko Collection Siirtolapuutarha A-Line Dress PETITE
    • print is on the bigger side, so it may add bulk - worth trying on
    • pleats won't add bulk to hippy folks, because they stitched dow the top of the pleats
  5. Marimekko Collection Siirtolapuutarha Hampton Short
    • print is on the bigger side, so it may add bulk - worth trying on
    • cool print and pretty color
    • try a top in a solid color that's in the print or a black and white design

4 comments:

  1. They have some very nice items in the new collection of Banana Republic. I like your compilation here :)

    Lu, www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think, despite the bulk, I love 4 the best.

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like most of the collection is already sold out! I am surprised too that it wasn't more colorful! I expected much more from Marimekko!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!