Wednesday, May 14, 2014

How to get Zooey Deschanel's fun, retro style!

Zooey Deschanel's Collection @ MACY'S

Guess what I found when I went to Macy's the last time? Zooey Deschanel and Tommy Hilfiger stole my Nautical theme! Plus, they did it in a really cute, stylish and retro way!! I don't understand how they did it either...I came up with the idea a few months ago and they must've had this in the works for at least a year! How did they steal an idea that I wasn't even aware that I'd had??

Anyway, if you haven't heard, I'm talking about the collaboration between Zooey Deschanel and Tommy Hilfiger that launched in April. It will be offered at Macy's and Tommy Hilfiger stores in North America, Europe and Japan and Tommy.com. They are releasing a several cute, retro dresses and accessories (accessories will only be offered on the Tommy website). These two are my favorite:



Sigh...I love anything retro, especially mini dresses. (I also love it when companies remake retro dresses so that they come in average U.S. sizes.) Unfortunately, these dresses cost around $100-$200, which is a little out of the Petite Career Girl budget, because I will definitely have to alter them. (They do not come in Petites.) :( However, Macy's stuff always goes on sale, so I have added them my wish list and will be keeping an eye on them.

I love how they styled these dresses by just add a belt! Source




FTC Disclaimer: All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!


15 comments:

  1. Oh I love nautical and this is a cool collection. Love that first dress too and the blue trimmed in white! Hope you can snag one and style it for us!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great prints on these dresses :)

    Lu, www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this and love it! But I am also soooo bummed out because the dresses are so short. I just can't wear them. Boo hoo for me.
    You would look so fantastic in them, Merrie! I hope they go on sale so you can get them and I can live vicariously through you!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you poor tall people! :). I'm guessing they are made for people around 5'6", so it may work for you...let's hope I can snag one :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, the polkadot dress? I love it! Now if I could just borrow her hair too, I'd be very happy.

    Thanks for joining Wardrobe Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...her messy, wavy hair is fantastic! I love her smudgy eyeliner too!

      Delete
  5. Great collection! I love the prints and bold colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute are these dresses!!! Zooey always looks amazing and these dresses are perfectly Zooey. I want them all. Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is a cutely pie...something about just screams "retro"!

      Delete
  7. I have a major crush on her hair and every time I see a pic of her I automatically want my fringe cut back in. Great read and I love all of those dresses. Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, whoever did her hair and makeup did a fantastic job!

      Delete
  8. I've never had anything by Tommy Hilfiger before but I think Zooey is beautiful and the dresses above are gorgeous. I'm not able to wear high neck tops but the last 2 dresses I'd definitely wear. I've just started following you on bloglovin. I will leave my link in case you're interested.

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11040855

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...I don't think I've ever bought anything by him, but these are adorable! Thanks for leaving your link...I'll definitely stop by :)

      Delete
  9. We can't wait to see more of this collection...it looks so fun! Thanks for linking up!!
    xo, Steph of White Coat Wardrobe & Bethany of Perfectly Coutured

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!