Monday, May 19, 2014

Navy Skater Skirt

The Limited - Navy Stripe Skater Skirt

Hi Ladies,
I thought I would try something a little new with this post. Since we all have different body types, I've included some ways to style my outfit if you have a different body type than mine. I'm gonna need your help though...I think I'm pretty good at figuring out what will look good on an hour glass or pear shaped figure. Also, I think I've got a decent idea for apple shapes. However, "inverted triangles" are completely confusing me! It's so different from my figure and I don't think I know anyone personally who has one. So, I'd love some feedback on what works/ doesn't work for them, and also some feedback on my suggestions. (FYI...An "Inverted Triangle" describes a body type that has shoulders wider than their hips, a straight waist and long, thin legs.) Thanks for your help!
- Merrie




if your shoulders are narrower than your hips - OR - your hips and shoulders are equal:
  • Since this is a voluminous skirt, try a blouson top to add volume to your upper half.
if your shoulders are broader than your hips:
  • Try this outfit AS-IS

FTC Disclaimer: All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!


23 comments:

  1. Very sexy look lady that works well with your body type! I'm not sure about the other body type either. You pick the best accessories too!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit, esp the color. That skirt is adorable!!

    Found you via the linkup. Would you like to follow each other on GFC and social media? Pls let me know if you’re up for it :) xoxo

    Abby of http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that skirt! And it looks great on you!! And you selected amazing accessories! I actually have a post today that a friend created for me on how to style my body type! It really helped a lot!! Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh...thanks for letting me know...I will def check it out :)

      Delete
  4. You look adorable, love the pops of Citron! Thanks for linking up with Little Miss Monday and God bless! ;)

    XO, Claire
    http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey beautiful lady, this is a fabulous combo! I like how the navy blue works out with golden effects and accessories. Also, the pop of neon yellow are just so refreshing. Awesome look!

    Lu, www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm having a navy crush at the moment so I love this outfit, plus the fun color accents you chose for your shoes, clutch and nails. Body types though...so confusing! I don't even know what mine is. I just keep trying stuff on until something works, then I buy it in all the colors.
    Gina -- On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it :). Oh well, back to the drawing board....I'll figure something out.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for linking up this week! I am a big fan of navy - so flattering on everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing on you! I say try it on and do what works for you!

    Also I'm co-hosting Fashion a la mode's linkup this week! It'd be amazing if you joined the party! :D

    xoxo
    Brittany
    http://lovestyletransform.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's the philosophy I go on too :), but some people don't have the time or desire to try on a bunch of stuff, so I'm trying to simplify things. We'll seel...glad you liked the outfit! :)

      Delete
  9. This look is amazing! I love everything about this outfit.
    http://redreticule.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the gold and coral with the navy. You are so good at pairing colors! I wish I could be helpful about body types but I am just not sure.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're back! Hope you got over your cold? Yeah, I think the consensus is that none of us know about body types..lol :). I'll figure something out :)

      Delete
  11. I'm a pear shaped too, so I'm pretty much just focusing on my types first to work out the dilemma of small top, big bottom first haha.
    I just ordered a skater dress and waiting for it to arrive, so it's just great timing that I saw this post now:) Love the way you style it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, well...I'll figure something out :) Thanks for the feedback!

      Delete
  12. Such a stunning look on you! Love it!!

    Anna
    alilyloveaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this look and all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this. I love the navy blue (so much better than black) and I love the way you can see the yellow through it. I like the yellow against the navy and the coral goes with both these colours. I really like the shape of the skater skirt on you too. manic monday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!