Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Mixing Patterns for Work: Stripes on Stripes

vince camuto stripe tube skirt
Hi Ladies,
It's spring time in Phoenix! Well, it's alternating between being cool and really hot here, which is what we call spring. It's been in the 90s at mid day for a while now, so it's about to be summer. SIGH. This means an end to outdoor photography, unless I can make myself be up and ready by 6am. :( We'll see.... 
Today's post is dedicated to my favorite mix master...Respect the Shoes (A.K.A Mix Master Flash, dubbed by me). She throws prints together like it's nobody's business and has inspired me to do the same. See what I mean: here, here and here. These two striped pieces are not part of a set..I just happened to see them both in my closet and wondered how they would look together. It turns out that stripes work well with other stripes!
I also want to call out these awesome tube, midi skirts from Vince Camuto. They are so comfortable and cute that I bought 3! Plus, they skim right over curves and even look good with flats. (I know...it's an oxymoron...a pencil skirt that looks good with flats...check it out if you don't believe me...Nordstroms and Macy's carries them.) Unfortunately, it's a little revealing in the back for work, so I layered a long cardi for a coverage. 
Have a great day!
(angry Merrie)


Outfit: stripe pattern mixing
(happy Merrie)

 (thoughtful and elegant Merrie)


(wind-in-hair-Merrie)
FTC Disclaimer: All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!


18 comments:

  1. I love print mixing and the way you've combined the two stripes is stunning - it's both colour blocking and stripes mixing :)

    Lu, www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the stripes! You look so chic.
    http://redreticule.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take some of your cheekbones, please. :) I'm going to say my favorite here is wind-in-the-hair-Merrie look, just for the sheer artistry and the effortless way your hair is flowing. Fabulous job on the print mixing- love the colors you chose and how they all flow as beautifully as your hair in the wind. ;)
    Gina -- On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stripes are my new neutral and I love them worn together the way you have. Gorgeous!

    Thanks for joining Wardrobe Wednesday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I'm starting to find that out too!

      Delete
  5. I love it! The mixing of stripes looks so playful and you've pulled it off perfectly. Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent stripe mixing! Love your model shots!! And your makeup!! I really need to get more daring with pattern mixing. I don't know why I am so intimidated by it when I love it on everyone else. Lack of self confidence I suppose. Ah well. I can't believe it is already going up to the mid 90's already. Arizona sure does get hot hot hot!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was totally uncomfortable with it too...checking out all the other bloggers has made me more daring :)

      Delete
  7. Merrie this is fabulous! I love the mix of multi colored stripes! I get so many great style tips from my blog friends! And your skin is amazing! Do you ever think of doing tutorials? You should!! Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much...I really appreciate it! I never thought of doing makeup tutorials bc frankly I just learned how to do makeup about a year ago, but thank you so much for the advice...I'm going to think on it. :)

      Delete
  8. Really cool luck! It almost looks like they came together as one dress! Nice look. Stopping by from Working Girl with Style!

    undergraduatestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...i couldn't believe they turned out well together...this easily could've been a "don't" :)

      Delete
  9. Love how you mixed the stripes! It's a great look!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the shout-out - and this is a fab outfit! I love the mix of stripes here - it totally works!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!