Friday, April 11, 2014

Two Perfect Work Dresses

  Banana Republic Dress, $109 (40% off if you wait for a sale)


Hi Ladies,
I thought I'd go ahead and share what happened to my Chow Locally subscription...you may have noticed that I haven't posted any recipes in a while? They are an organic vegetable service that I used to get every week. They would also send cool recipes that really helped my veggie intake. I was very happy with my lifestyle change, and then something happened...

Actually it was a few little somethings...that sort of creeped up over time. The first instance was the cluster of little black specks that I saw on my kale...I thought "hey, no big deal...that's what water is for". Then there was the little aphid that I found crawling up my shoulder...

But, I didn't give up...I'm a big girl...I can handle some stuff. So, I got a scrub brush and tub and washed each leaf before it went in the pot. Then I got sick and wound up leaving a bag of veggies in my fridge for a week. When I opened it up, I saw a plump baby caterpillar munching away on the lettuce...

A couple weeks later, I threw away a bag of greens, but didn't throw out the trash for a week. When I opened up my trash can, there were full sized moths buzzing inside the lettuce bag. They had not gotten into the bag from the outside because it was sealed. If they had been adults the week before, they would've flown out when I got other veggies out. The only conclusion is that they were babies (aka larvae) the week before and reached maturity in my trash can...OMG!!!

I'm sorry....I'm sorry I'm not more hard core, so that I can handle situations like this. I would've made a horrible frontierswoman, but I'm afraid of bugs! I recently slept on my sofa for 3 weeks because I saw a house centipede in my bedroom. With regrets, I canceled my subscription the next day, but luckily my mom and I came up with a  plan that is more inline with my bourgeois sensibilities. :) I'll buy my veggies from whole foods and then use the recipes that Chow Locally includes in their newsletter!

Chow Locally will always have a place in my heart (and tummy) and I know that if they used pesticides to kill the bugs, they would no longer be organic. But I just can't deal with that much nature...



All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!


9 comments:

  1. I am co-hosting Friday's Fab Favorites and wanted to thank you for linking up. I love the Banana Republic dress. It is a great length and I love the stripes.

    Kimberly
    Mascaramelodies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I can't stand bugs at all. I get really "wild" when I see one in the house and overkill them. I love the above dress choices. The striped dress is chic and classy, it seems like a good investment.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Banana Republic dress is my favorite. Love the stripes.

    I am a little freaked out by your bug story. I do not want to eat bug larvae. Or a caterpillar. I know that there are bugs on veggies but I also get creeped out when I see them. And I am talking about a little tiny thing. Moths and a caterpillar would have sent me over the edge. And I grew up in Florida where dinosaur sized Palmetto bugs (big roaches) would fly out of the dishwasher! When I was in Texas there was a scorpion living under the toilet. LOL Using the bathroom was a feat in gymnastics as well as requiring boots.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG...I'm originally from Georgia so I totally know what you are talking abt! Palmetto bugs r the worse!

      Delete
  4. OK, yeah. You are forgiven for canceling your Chow Locally subscription. Did they list caterpillars as a menu option? Or maybe it was a free gift with purchase? Either way...I wouldn't be into that either! Whole Foods is an excellent alternative! :)
    Gina
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No they didn't...the bugs were an "undocumented enhancement"...lol :)

      Delete
  5. I love these two dresses!
    Have a great week end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the first BR dress! Visiting from Favorite Fashion Friday!

    xo, tasha
    twenty-something blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. These dresses are so gorgeous! I always find it difficult to find work dresses that don't make me look like I'm wearing my mums haha. Hopefully I'll find something similar as well :) x |Life as a Petite|

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!