Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Studio Gear CC Cream, Glam ST & Soxxy Air Review


Hi Ladies,
Smile...it's wednesday! I have three fun things from Brandbacker to review with you today!
Firstly, I was sent a sample of Studio Gear's Hydrating CC Cream.  CC Creams are supposed to combine many face products into one, like sun block, anti-aging serums and moisturizers. I like to use them as a tinted moisturizer, which allows me to save time in the morning. Studio Gear's has an SPF of 20 and can be blended in with your hand, which is a great time saver! 

I chose the "Wheat" color and found it to be a good match. It's sheer and blended well into my skin. So that you can see what I mean, I did not touch up the picture above in any way. (Even though there are few things I was itching to erase.) Obviously, I'm wearing mascara and filled in my brows, but I applied only the CC Cream to my skin so that you can get a good idea of it's ability to cover. It evened out my skin tone, but I would add concealer to a few areas. If you are interested in trying it out, check out the discount below:

Reader Discount: 10% Off
Reader Discount Code: bloggercc
Note: % off of shopping cart at www.studiogearcosmetics.com
**Please Note: all opinions are my own, but I did receive samples for this review.**




Secondly, I found out about an interesting website called Glam ST. It allows you to try on makeup virtually. I'm always suspect about vitual makeup tools, because everyone's computer converts colors differently and I wasn't sure that you could get a good idea from them.Therefore, I decided to put Glam ST to the test and see if I would buy makeup based on how it showed up on the site.  

First, I logged in and created a profile, which only took about a minute. Then I created the following look using makeup that I already own and like. The whole process took about 10 minutes.


Before/ After
The "Before" picture is an old picture of mine. The "After" shows me wearing the following products:

Verdict: The eyeliner, check stain and lip gloss look exactly like that in real life! The foundation, interestingly, looks a little heavy and orange in the picture, but it looks that way in real life if you apply it thickly. I probably would not have bought the foundation, based on this test, but it is accurate. Honestly, I will probably always prefer to see an item in real life, but this site would be a great time saver for creating different looks and pre-screening products before you head to the store.

Intersted in learning more about Glam ST? Check out:
**Please Note: I did not receive financial compensation for the Glam ST review, but may receive blog exposure** 




Finally, I learned about Soxxy. They originally grabbed my attention for having cute knee-high socks.  (See pics below). Then I learned that in addition to being cute, they are also compression socks that increase circulation, reduce jet lag, swelling, muscle soreness and help decrease the risk of deep vein thrombosis (DVT). As a plus, each of these designs supports a specific charity by donating $8 of the selling price to the charity. Soxxy is currently raising funds via Indiegogo. Checkout their video here.
Petite Career Girl readers can also receive the following discount:
Reader Discount: 20% Off

Reader Discount Code: SoxxyAirs.
**Please Note: all opinions are my own, but I did receive samples for this review.**

13 comments:

  1. I am glad you shared about this CC cream. I love the idea of CC cream, but I don't really like the one I am using now. I will look into this brand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always learn about the most interesting, new-to-me stuff here. I'm really liking the look of the CC cream...it looks really smooth and even on you. Glam ST looks like it would be fun to play around with, too. :)
    Gina
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cool is that website! I'm going to have to use that in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a lot of fun to play around on and easy to use!

      Delete
  4. Those socks are adorable. Also love the CC cream. I need to move beyond my Cover Girl BB cream at some point. Thank you for the reviews, Merrie!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! if I ever move to a place where I can wear socks, I'm going to buy a bunch of these :)

      Delete
  5. The CC cream looks great, I will look into it! What a cool website. Experimenting with makeup on the screen would save so much time.

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so cool! Thanks for sharing this awesome tool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it seems really interesting! BTW..I checked out the jewelry on your google + page...it's beautiful!

      Delete
  7. What an interesting concept. Would love to try that with lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am big on tinted moisturizers - they are just so easy and have light coverage plus I have dry skin so it helps to moisturize. I am going to have to try that site where you try on makeup - I am always iffy about trying new makeup looks so that might be the way to go to find some new things!

    Thanks for linking up with Let Your Light Shine Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!