Monday, April 14, 2014

Crushing on Orange Lips - Try the Trend for < $10!

Curvy, Petite Outfit Ideas | Professional and Casual-Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | Crushing on Orange Lips - Try the Trend for < $10!
Hi Ladies,
If you read any fashion mags you'll know that orange lips are big this season! Personally, I think orange is always a classic for summer, but if you are little gun shy..try out these looks for under $10! I'm sharing two of my favorites, as well as a collage of other inexpensive options. If you try any...I'd love to know what you think. :)



Looking for a INTENSE look? 

 Maybelline lipstick: Vibrant Mandarin & Prestige Lip Liner: Poppy

Curvy, Petite Outfit Ideas | Professional and Casual-Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | Crushing on Orange Lips - Try the Trend for < $10!
The Vibrant line from Maybelline gets great reviews across the internet from what I see. It also doesn't  contain lanolin which many people (like me) are allergic to. It's creamy, but a little sheer. Beautyzine did a review as well, so you can check out how it looks on other skin tones here. I also used Prestige' lip liner with this look and found it to deliver a lot of color for a few bucks. I like that they have very trendy colors.


 Looking for a SHEER look? 

ColorBurst Lacquer Balm: Tease

Try this one if you are scared of orange lips. :) I'll probably keep this in my purse and throw it on when I don't have a mirror. It's sheer, but buildable. Checkout milkteef's review here and see how it looks on other skin tones. 
Orange Crush
Revlon Moon DropsSiren / Moisturizing lipstickOrange Attitude / Maybelline lipstickVibrant Madarin

Lip pencilPumpkin / Lip GlossMandarin Rapture / Cheek StainGleam


21 comments:

  1. I love this post! I have been wearing bright red lipstick as of late and I was a little scared at first but now I love it! It really pops! Thanks for the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colors look so great on you! I like Tease! So naturally pretty!

    -Chelsey
    -http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your post, thanks so much for sharing with Little Miss Monday!
    God bless
    Xo,Claire
    http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of those colors look great on you! I have that Poppy King for JCrew orange but sometimes I feel that it is way too intense for me. I may have to try Tease!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh...you should do a post with it...I bet it looks really good on you. :) I think the colors that J Crew picks out are always so cool and very minimalist.

      Delete
  5. You look so good in these orange lip colors...I don't think I can bring myself to try this trend though, even on the cheap. Orange and I don't get along. Besides that, did you go to the Tyra Banks school of Smizing? You have it down to an ART. I'm quite jealous.
    Gina
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who do you think Tyra learned how to Smize from? I was going to be the trainer on Next Top Model, but I let the little blonde guy have it bc I knew I'd be busy with my blog one day. :) Seriously though, Thanks!

      Delete
  6. I love these shades and it's encouraging me to try the orange. I really shy away from it and would have not considered trying it before. The Tease is definitely something I feel comfortable trying, maybe even wearing it at work. Happy Monday!
    http://redreticule.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you totally should...I tried orange a few years ago and was surprised at how flattering it is.

      Delete
  7. I bought Tease and absolutely love it! Both look really great on you! I never thought I'd love orange lips, but it really works! Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful and vibrant orange lip tone :)

    Lu ❤ www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I like the orange on you! It looks so fresh and cool. I think the bright color is fabulous. Good idea to find some inexpensive options to experiment with, I often do this too.

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that vibrant orange lipstick on you! Thanks for linking up with Stylish Tuesday!

    xoxo
    Jasmin
    www.jasmindaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Orange lips look SO, SO, SO good on you! You make me want to try it! Thank you for the recommendations!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should...I think everyone can find a great shade for them!

      Delete
  12. The color you chose looks absolutely GORGEOUS on you :)

    xo
    Maggie A
    LOVEMAVIN.COM

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm totally obsessed with orange lips right now! They look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maybelline's Vibrant Mandarin is really good! I have it too (and actually wear it on my latest post). I find that orange hued lipsticks suit me better than red ones.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow...it looks totally different on you....I would've guessed that you were wearing pink...it looks really good on you though and great with the yellow cardi :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!