Wednesday, April 9, 2014

March Wantables Review

Hi Ladies,
Got my March Wantables box and am finally getting around to review it! Plus I have 2 exciting mascaras to share! :) What is Wantables? click here.
March Wantables Makeup Box
  • Golden Rose Volume Mascara - haven't used it yet, but I love volume!
  • Baci Baci Lip Gloss in Seduction - sheer nude, not a great color on me...I look better in colors that pop, plus I've received a similar color from Petit Vour last month. I left feedback asking for no more nudes.
  • Long Lasting Blush 501 in Pomegranate - nice sheer nude...can't wait to wear!
  • Mistura Travel Makeup Brush - cute, I will definitely use this when I travel.


March Wantables Jewelry Box
Wantables Accessory Subscription
I had another amazing customer service experience with Wantables last month! My first box included all earth tone neutrals, and if you know anything about me, you know that I don't like earth tones! So, I returned the box, per their return policy and got a full refund. Then, I emailed customer service, asked them what I could change about my survey so I would get things more suited to me and re-ordered another box. I probably would've kept the new box, except that the one bracelets was HUGE and the navy blue earrings will just blend in with my hair. Oh well...thank goodness for return policies!

I've always been a fan of all the mascaras that Drew Barrymore endorses for Maybelline and picked this up in SFO when I realized that I left mine at home. It is a great no-clumping mascara. The formula is kind of liquidy and great for building. I highly recommend this to someone with thick lashes who is afraid of getting the spidery look.

I got this in a Wantables box a few months ago and am just trying it out now. The wand is a little creepy looking, but it actually winds up being very useful. It combines really thick bristles at the tip, with a a comb beneath to lift and separate. Nice volumizing formula too!

All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!


13 comments:

  1. The jewelry pieces are so pretty and bold!!
    I've used a few different types of mascara from Maybelline and I like them a lot.

    Lu ❤
    http://www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I think I'm sold. Love subscription services and this one sounds like a winner. The jewelry pieces are too cute!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! You won't be disappointed and if you don't like what you get..just return it :)

      Delete
  3. That is the strangest mascara wand. It sounds incredibly useful though. Hmmmm....
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always been curious about those odd shaped mascara wands. I've seen them in a few brands but have yet to try one. If you say it's good I might think about it. A little bit. :) I'll be curious to see how they modify your makeup items next time and if they get away from nude shades for you!
    Gina
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm not sure who's idea it was to make a mascara wand that looks like a medieval torture device, but it turned out well...lol...I'm not going to lie and say that i didn't stab myself in the eye the first time I used it, but I got the hang of it :)

      Delete
  5. I just tried my first Wantables jewellery box. Didn't like it at all. Unfortunately, as I'm in Australia the return postage is a killer so I'm adding it to my present cupboard.

    I've tried a few differently shaped wands recently. The little ball ones are fabulous for adding volume to the base of the lashes but then I need another one for the length! I tend to go through mascaras in bulk because of this!

    Thanks for joining Wardrobe Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no...I'm sorry to hear that about your box :(! Did you post a review on your site? I'm interested to see what you got. You may really like this mascara bc it's got a comb below the ball..it's kinda the best of both worlds :)

      Delete
  6. Will definitely try out these mascaras! I'm currently using Benefit They're Real Mascara (and I love it), but it doesn't hurt to save some $$ and go with a drugstore brand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's sounds great. The first mascara I have tried and it's pretty amazing, definitely agree with what you said about it. At the moment I'm using a mascara by revlon entirely because I was attracted to the rainbow packaging. Fortunately it has a lot of other benefits too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great box! The makeup brush is cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!