Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Cute Hats for the Kentucky Derby!

Hi Ladies,
The Kentucky Derby is this week: May 2-3, 2014! I don't want to come off as a cynic, but after the Royal Wedding, I didn't think it was possible to find cute, dressy hats. Then, as I was poking around Zappos.com, I came across the middle hat below. Then I saw more at Nordstroms! I guess Princess Beatrice and Eugenie did have better options. (Although any visit to the Derby will prove that we Americans have committed our fair share of "hat-related-crimes-against-fashion.")
Cute Hats for the Kentucky Derby!
Tasha hair accessory
nordstrom.com


August Hat vintage hat
nordstrom.com




Home decor
zappos.com


I also want to let you know about another resource for petites: Bonjour Chica! She posts reviews on petite clothing, as well as introductions to other petite bloggers through her series:  


Petite Fashionistas à la Mode


This week she is featuring me: click here! I would love for your to checkout her blog (not just because I'm partial to today's content). :)


lalam0424

Digital Darlings

Last year, "selfie" was word of the year. As bloggers we're all wrapped up in our online personas, it's non-stop being on social media and creating content, all the while being fabulous. Does this take a toll on bloggers and fashionistas alike? Maybe... This week we have a lot of both sides of the coin in terms of fashion, style, and living online.

Links à la Mode: April 24

SPONSOR: Born Free Collection square one, Lasry, Frye Bags, Fjallraven, Caputo, Gitman, Men's Raybans, Bellerose, Frankie's, Komono, DWP & rhode resort

Want to be featured in Links à la Mode?

1. Read the clarified rules and submit your links on this page: Links à la Mode. 2. If your link was selected and you need this week’s code, visit this page: Links à la Mode Code.

12 comments:

  1. Those fascinators are fabulous...reminds me of something the royal family would wear in England :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Betsey Johnson Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, this is fun. I want to be invited to a party where I can wear a hat. I'm loving that leopard one! Also browsed a couple of your links from Link a la Mode...good stuff. :)
    Gina
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...and I'm from the south so you think that would be easy :)

      Delete
  3. Is it crazy that I want the butterfly hat that one of the princesses is wearing? I really really want that butterfly fascinator. Really badly!
    Congrats on the feature! So well deserved! I do looooove your blog!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I don't see that hat doing anything for your relationship w/ marcy...i think it will scare her :)

      Thank you so much for the compliment...really makes my day :)

      Delete
  4. Those are some interesting looking hats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that fascinator on the far right!!! Stopping by from Working Girl with Style :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too...we just need a place to wear it now! :)

      Delete
  6. I am partial to a retro cute hat - I think the cloche from Nordstroms is my favourite.

    Thanks for joining Wardrobe Wednesday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...i think those are the only kind of hats that i like (except for fedoras and simple floppy hats) :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!