Friday, April 25, 2014

Naughty and Nautical (Try the Nautical Trend for Spring)!

Spring Trend: Nautical Dresses > $100
Hi Ladies,
It's time for a new wardrobe theme at Petite Career Girl...Nautical! It's perfect for spring and there is always a large selection in the stores. However, for some reason I never wind up buying any. Therefore, I've made a concerted effort to pick out Nautical inspired pieces from my closet and the stores, that mix n' match well. Here was my strategy:

  • 5 Dresses
  • 4 Blazers or Cardigans: to go with the dresses and bottoms
  • 4 Bottoms: I chose mostly skirts, since it's spring and already 99 degrees in AZ!
  • 5 Tops: to go with the dresses and bottoms

* I didn't buy all of these items and shopped my closet for about half of them.
** Then I moved everything else out of my closet, so that I could see what I have and not feel bombarded. (The exceptions to this rule are neutrals like jeans, white tees, denim shirts, etc...they go with everything.)

(I want to thank You Look Fab and Cardigan Junkie for inspiring me with their capsule wardrobe posts. I've been a long time follower and love their blogs!)

Instead of showing you everything I bought, I thought I'd make you wait until I wear the outfits. :) Therefore, I've shared some cool Nautical inspired dresses from Ann TaylorGap and One Stop Plus, as well as some accessories from Banana Republic and J. Crew. I hope you enjoy and I'll post the first outfit starting next week!
P.S. Why is this post titled "Naughty and Nautical"? Check out the bottom of the page...
Spring Trend: Nautical Accessories > $50

Row 1: Cardi / Belt / Scarf / Scarf / Necklace
Row 2: Necklace / Belt  / Belt / Belt / Bracelet /  Necklace  
Row 3: Purse / Purse / Bracelet (similar) / Bracelet / Necklace / Flats


Apparently "Nautical Pinup" is a very well researched theme on google... :)

Source


16 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the nautical trend! I can't wait to see the outfits you put together :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Starbucks Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that pinup made me open the post as soon as I saw the photo in my feed :)
    I love the nautical trend, but you gave a whole new meaning now!

    Lu ❤ www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah...yeah...I was a little surprise by what came up on google :)

      Delete
  3. Fab post - I love the nautical trend in spring, and some of those stripy dresses are enough to send me out shopping.

    #Welcometotheweekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for nautical! It never goes out of style for spring. I wore a nautical dress for my high school graduation. Can't wait to see your outfit posts. And who knew that nautical pinup was a "thing"? I loooove those old time photos - and of course - Betty Boop!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to Duchess Kate, I'm a completely in love with Nautical at the moment. Great finds! Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh...i haven't seen her outfit...I'll have to google it!

      Delete
  6. This is a great trend for spring-summer. I have a couple of striped dresses but I need to get more accessories, those blue flats are gorgeous and the scarves

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you tease, making us wait to see all your new items! I'm liking the nautical-inspired options you have here...very wearable and not too literal. The striped Gap dress is really cute. When I saw Naughty & Nautical I thought this was going to be about nail polish since I just ordered that color from Essie. Ha!
    Gina
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe that's the name of a nail polish! I had no idea when I came up with the post title. :) I just googled it and i love the color :)

      Delete
  8. Merrie, Love the nautical theme and the Gap dress is totally cute. Thanks for linking up with Stylish Saturday. xo ~ The Fashionista Momma

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that Gap dress! I have been searching for one like that for summer vacation! Perfect! And I need to add a couple of belts to my collection too! Thanks for the tips! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never tried to the nautical trend but I've always thought its so lean and classic and I've wanted to try it...I'll have to sometime. Anyway love the looks!!
    www.yvonnesloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!