Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Sunday w/ NYC (New York Colors Review)

Hi Ladies,
NYC was nice enough to send me samples of their Cheek GlowCity Proof Lip Gloss and Sparkle Eye Dust which turned out to be perfect for spring! I spent Easter Sunday getting brunch with a girl friend and chatting for hours...it was great! What did you do? 

(P.S. The earrings and watch are from my April Wantables Box and the necklace is from Hautelook.) Have a great day!
Curvy, Petite Outfit Ideas | Professional and Casual-Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | New York Colors Review


Curvy, Petite Outfit Ideas | Professional and Casual-Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | New York Colors Review




Here's what I thought of each:
  • NYC Cheek GlowWest Side Wine
    • Pros: Sheer Wine color. The color didn't show up well in the photographs, but gave a natural flush in real life. It's about $3!
    • Cons: Not an intense color, if that's what you are looking for.
  • NYC Up to 8 Hr City Proof Lip Gloss: Mauving All Night
    • Pros: Lite, non sticky feeling. It's about $3! Color is pretty, although mauve isn't my thing. (Lips lined with Prestige Cosmetics Lipliner - LOVE).
    • Cons: It didn't last 8 hours like the name implies. I'd say that it's similar to any lip gloss and stays on as long as you aren't eating or drinking.
  • NYC Sparkle Eye Dust: Golden Champagne
    • Pros: I REALLY like how this looks on! I blended it over the lid and then went back and lined my eye. It's about $3! Plus, it stayed on for about 8 hours without creasing or loosing intensity. (I used a primer.)
    • Cons: It's a loose powder. The applicator stops it from getting all over the place, but it does get all over your eye area when you apply it. During the day, I constantly felt like the flakes were getting in my eye, although I have to say that this is a common issue for me. :)


All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!


17 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'm sorry you didn't like the mauve lipcolor! I think it looks really pretty on you! Actually all of the colors look great on you, so either you chose well or they did. They must have used your vibrationally sound color chart. :) (I don't know what that means but now I have to look it up! Thanks!! LOL) Also, your wantables earrings are fab.
    Gina
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...don't get me started on your vibrationally sound color chart... :)

      Delete
  2. Very pretty, so soft and feminine and you can send me that necklace! Hope your Easter was great!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh LOVE that eye shadow! I can't believe it's $3! Definitely checking that out

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous do you look! Your makeup is so beautiful, and I really like how you matched it with the colour of your top, which is such a lovely colour (I'm a little obsessed with pink and pastel colours haha). Your accessories are so great as well! Love the entire look :) Thanks again for looking at my blog Merrie! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been obsessed with pink lately too :)

      Delete
  5. Oh Merrie! I love the soft and colorful pastels on you! Both the jewelry and your makeup. You look like spring come to life. So beautiful. Eye shadow always falls down my face no matter what I do so I finally tried the Clinique chubby stick and love it.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :). The chubby stick is like a cream based one, right? Ok, I'm going to look for something like that...i really love how it looks, but it drove me crazy!

      Delete
  6. BEST. STATEMENT. NECKLACE. EVER!!!

    Jenna from Visions of Vogue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...thanks...I thought the same thing when I saw it :) And it was only abt $20!

      Delete
  7. The jewelry you're wearing is totally amazing! I love your eye makeup too... so crisp and chic :)

    Lu ❤ www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a GORGEOUS necklace!!! Thanks for linking up with Monday Mingle:)))
    C

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!