Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Tailoring Tips: How to take in a coat for petites

Curvy, Petite Outfit Ideas | Professional and Casual-Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | Tailoring Tips: How to take in a coat for petites
COAT: MACY'S
Hi Ladies,

I spent a lot of time in the South this winter, so I needed to buy a winter coat. This is something I haven't had to do in the past 5 years, since I was living in California and Arizona. Anyway, this year I wanted to go all out and get a special coat, since I wasn't sure when I'd get to buy one again. I chose this one at Macy's because of its beautiful color. They didn't have it in Petite, but since it's a swing coat and therefore doesn't have a waist, I knew I could alter it down. (Coats with a waist can be tricky if the waist is in the wrong place, because the waist area will be at the hips and therefore it will be too tight.) I spent about $80 buying the coat, and another $80 altering it, so for $160 I have a beautiful coat that I can wear for years. What do ya' think?



GET THE LOOK WITH THESE PIECES (UNDER $100):













FTC Disclaimer:

All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!


Linking up with:

12 comments:

  1. That's so true Marra, i had to learn to find ways to alter my buys without having to spend so much. Thanks for dropping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips!!

    xx,Lauren
    www.FashionablyLo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks SO great! What a beautiful blue! $160 is a fantastic price for a pretty coat you will have for years and years.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cynthia, thanks, i really think it's a good wardrobe investment :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The coat looks good on you. You've done very well with the amendments and the colour is so chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great coat! BRRRRR! Stay warm!
    xo,
    lisa
    www.lisaalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lisa! Happy you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!