Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Shopping Haul: Petite Legging + Jegging Review

Curvy, Petite Outfit Ideas | Professional and Casual-Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | Shopping Haul: Petite Legging + Jegging Review
Hi Ladies,
Golden leaves, apple cider, jeans and leggings - that's what I think of when I think of fall. :) My street is lined with lovely trees, Starbucks has brought back their fall menu and I've got a drawer full of petite-length leggings. To me, that's a perfect way to start the season!
Since I"m 5'2" (not 6 feet tall as most legging designers seem to think I should be), I wanted to get a length that wouldn't puddle around my ankles. However, I couldn't find any at the mall. Thankfully, we have the internet and a quick visit to the online sites of Old Navy, The Limited, GAP and Ann Taylor solved my problem! As soon as I got my boxes, Minnie hopped in to inspect them, and then we settle down to write this review...

Curvy, Petite Outfit Ideas | Professional and Casual-Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | ann taylor legging review
  • Material: This pair from Ann Taylor is made out of great, heavy, stretchy material. Perfect for a true fall or winter, but a little hot for the 80 degree weather we've been having in California. (Not see through.)
  • Fit: As with most leggings, I would size down from what you would wear in regular pants. These stretch a lot.
  • Overall: On me, I'm not crazy about this cropped look, but I think they may work for someone else. Especially if you wear them with boots. You won't get all that bulk in the ankle area.
 **GAP had a similar cropped legging with a side zipper. They were a little cheaper (I spent about $31) and fit the same as the Ann Taylor pair. You can purchase them here*** 
Curvy, Petite Outfit Ideas | Professional and Casual-Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | gap jegging review
  • Material: These jeggings from the GAP are stretchy, but substantial and a little darker in real life.
  • Fit: Size down. During the day, the stretched a bit in the waist, so I did have to pull them up a few times. As for the length, they sold out of the petites by the time I placed my order, so you may not need to alter yours if you can get the petite length.
  • Overall: A keeper!

Curvy, Petite Outfit Ideas | Professional and Casual-Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | old navy legging review
  • Material: These gray leggings from Old Navy are made out of a heavy, substantial, stretchy material. (Not see through.)
  • Fit: A little snug in the waist, but the next size up was huge all over. Size down. 
  • Overall: Great price and a great, inexpensive alternative to the Ann Taylor pair. (They also come in black.)

  • Material: A thinner, cotton blend than all the other pairs. Kinda your typical legging material. (A little sheer.)
  • Fit: Size down 2 sizes. On me, the L Petite had extra material in the leg.
  • Overall: I love these! The length is a little longer than my leg, so it scrunches nicely. Plus, they are light-weight enough to wear during the Indian summer.


Lastly,  I want to share one of my favorite things to wear under leggings. These boyshorts from Soma have a vanishing edge, so there is very minimal VPL. Plus they are super comfy! (I would love to say that there is no VPL, but I gotta be honest - I have never found anything that completely gets rid of it.) :) 

Soma Intimates • Vanishing Edge Microfiber Boyshort •  $15.00–16.00


Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this review. If you have any ideas for making my reviews more useful (or leggings/ jeggings to recommend)...please let me know!



FTC Disclaimer:  
All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!


Linking up with:

13 comments:

  1. Very good reviews girlie! Especially the denim jeggings, super cute! Hey Minnie!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your reviews! Great insight and helpful tips.
    Red Reticule

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm.... Minnie Minnie Minnie! So cute so cute so cute.

    I like your reviews! They are very thorough, detailed, and honest. Those denim leggings are really nice. Thanks for the vanishing boy short suggestion. I am always on the lookout to eliminate VPL.

    Your new place sounds really nice with the lovely trees. We are looking to move to another apartment and I've found that a nice street with trees is really important!

    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I never knew how much i missed trees until I moved out here. Glad you found a nice place :) I'm glad I kept the denim leggings...everyone seems to like those the best :)

      Delete
  4. I actually like the ones from Ann Taylor! I don't think they're too short & definitely great for boots! I'll have to try the Soma boy shorts. Do they ride? I have a pair that roll up as I walk, so annoying! Great reviews girl!

    Xo Miriam
    www.scriptsofflair.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can ride a bit....I gotta be honest. :) I kept the ones from Ann Taylor and you know what...I decided to crop them a little more...good call :)

      Delete
  5. Great reviews! I really like the look of The Limited leggings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love wearing leggings in the fall too! Great review! Wonderful to find so many awesome petite bloggers online! :)

    ~ Teresa
    www.TheHautePetite.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...it's great to meet you! Thanks for your feedback and we'll have to keep in touch :)

      Delete
  7. Now I'm not much of a leggings person, but great review- I particualry like the attention you have paid to fits, I find size charts are still to generic and not necessarily a true indication of actual fit, knowing whether to go up or down a size in a brand is great!

    Sah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...its so hard to know what size to order when you shop online...sigh. Glad you found it useful though!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!