Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A Merry Modern Halloween

A Merry Modern Halloween | Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Fall Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration
Hi Ladies,
If you remember from last year, I take a pretty laid back approach to Halloween. It was always my favorite holiday as a child (can anyone say candy?). However, as an adult, I just can't get into elaborate costumes. Maybe it's laziness. Maybe it's just lack of inspiration, but I suspect that its my disdain for expensive, cheaply made polyester outfits that can only be worn once a year. So, for those of you who feel the same way, here are some ideas!



70s Flower Girl

Since the 70s are so in right now, this is an awesome opportunity. You may even have some of these pieces already in your closet. If you don't, be assured that you can throw them on with a pair of jeans or boots and wear them throughout the season.

Flapper

This is another good one. You can buy flapper inspired pieces at almost any store or second hand shop. Plus, after Halloween you can mix and match them with the rest of your wardrobe for a daily dose of vintage.

A Modern Cat/ Faerie/ Bat/ Masquerader

Aahh....my old stand by. This look involves pulling on your favorite pair of jeans and fitted white tee or all black outfit and adding fairy wings, cat ears or a masquerade mask. Voila! Think The Gap meets a faerie, cat or Venetian. I also included some awesome all black outfits from Asos, because they were inexpensive and pretty cool.

What's your favorite go-to Halloween costume?



Linking up with:

2 comments:

  1. I am not a Halloween person and have agreed to go to an event with the hubby. Sigh... I will go as a cat. Ears. Black clothing. A tail. And maybe a mask of I can fit it over my glasses. I am sooooooo boring. lol
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...wow...where did you get the idea to go as a cat? I never would've pictured you as a cat :) (just kidding) Yeah, I'm the same way...I just put on my regular clothes and a mask :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!