Monday, October 19, 2015

Sweater Skirts & Doggy Tales | Business Casual Attire

Sweater Skirts | Business Casual Attire | Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Fall Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration

Hi Ladies,
Whew! It's been quite a morning. Before I tell you why, let me make two important announcements:
  • Petite Career Girl is now officially Curves, Curls and Careers! Yay! (I'll go into the reasons why in another post.) My domain will be changing soon along with my site design. (Yes, one more site design!) 
  • I will also be switching my posting schedule to Tues, Thursday and Saturday starting next week. Lots more fun stuff is coming up...can't wait! :)
I had the pleasure of shooting today's pics with Regan from Reagan In My Own World. Usually, we take pictures inside my house, but today we decided to do them outside. This wasn't a great idea...

First, it was 47 degrees outside. Somehow we still had the idea that it was in the 70s, because we both had bare hands and legs. We froze! Then, while taking pictures in the driveway of my condo (my own driveway), a man jogged by and yelled "I know you effing saw me!" at us. (Except he didn't use the word "effing".) Ooookkkk...


The weird thing was that he was smiling at us while he said it. Honestly, I thought he had yelled out "Hi". Then the sound traveled through the rest of my brain and finally clicked: this man is cursing at us. We were bewildered. We had been minding our own business, taking pictures and somehow managed to enrage one of my neighbors into yelling curse words at us. I really wish I could have a tape recorder that shows you the other person's point of view, because I really want to know what he was thinking.

Next, while taking these pictures at a restaurant, a block away from my house, we were accosted by a large red wolf (it may have only been a dog). He ran up to us barking at the top of his lungs. I immediately assumed that he was behind a fence or on a leash and continued taking pictures. Then, Reagan asked "Is he on a leash?" That's when I finally looked over and realized than no, he was not and he was gaining on us. We immediately scrambled inside my car and cowered there until he ran off.

Actually, I was the only one cowering. Regan thought he looked friendly and asked if she should open the car door. I immediately turned to stare at her and wondered if an alien had teleported itself through the roof of my car and taken possession of my friend's body. All I could think about was her opening the door and him leaping in. He would then immediately begin to nuzzle and lap at her, sensing that she was a dog lover. Then he would turn to me and realize that I was only a dog-tolerator and was cringing at the hair he was dropping all over my seats. Then he would lunge at me. Reagan would be fine. I would be scarred for life. Luckily, she didn't open the door and eventually he went away.  It was only 10am.

Despite everything, we managed to take some good pictures and have some adventures to tell. :)





Sweater Skirts | Business Casual Attire | Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Fall Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration

Sweater Skirts | Business Casual Attire | Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Fall Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration


Sweater Skirts | Business Casual Attire | Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Fall Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration

 
SKIRT: OLD NAVY | JACKET: BANANA REPUBLIC FACTORY (SIM) | HEELS: TAHARI (SIM) | BRACELET: BANANA REPUBLIC (SIM) | NECKLACE: BANANA REPUBLIC (SIM) | BELT: BANANA REPUBLIC (SIM)



GET THE LOOK WITH THIS CASUAL BUSINESS ATTIRE (UNDER $100):

 



Linking up with:

12 comments:

  1. Super cute! Loving the different patterns!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! They came out really well despite our harrowing encounters with the dog and the crazy jogger! Lol, what a day! =) You look great!!

    Reagan

    reaganinmyownworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh what a morning! How is it freezing on the other side of the country while we are in the midst of a horrible heat wave? So weird.
    As for the dog encounter, I would have been cowering in the car with fear. I am a dog-scaredy cat. It's an irrational fear but hasn't gone away my whole life.
    Love the outfit with contrasting stripes! Can't wait to see the new site design. I play around too with days I blog. Right now I am on a Monday Wednesday Friday schedule but may change that to Monday Tuesday Thursday. It's so hard to know which is best.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh weird....I was wondering if it was still hot where you were...sigh :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures! I love the two prints - different, but totally work!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pattern mixing, very cute!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new blog name, Merrie! Wow - that was some crazy story. I am soooo loving your look here! Just gorgeousness!

    Jennie - A Pocketful of Polka Dots

    Come join me for the Fabulous Friday Link-Up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!