Monday, September 21, 2015

New eShakti Dress

New eShakti Dress  | Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Fall Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration
Hi Ladies,
Sorry for the underexposed pictures. I took some really wonderful pictures of this dress and then accidentally deleted all of them. :( Then I had what I'll classify as a "photography malfunction". I don't know if it was the photographer (me), the camera or the lighting, but I couldn't get the lighting right!!! Argh!!! Then my camera kept turning off every time I took a picture. (I had dropped my it a week before and was freaking out.) Anyway, I'm happy to say that after one frantic trip to the photography store and my refusal to leave until they told me what I was doing wrong, I figured out what was the problem. I'm going to go ahead and share it, because even though it's  boring and highly technical, it gives you an idea of how ridiculously prone to screwing-up photography is. (If you ever see a photograph that you love, thank the photographer - she probably sweat blood and tears in order to take the shot.)
So, I get this glowing background effect by putting a light behind the curtain that I'm standing in front of. I have another light about 10 feet in front of me that's a little off to the side and it's turned up 50% brighter than the one behind me. Here's the important part: behind that curtain and the light is my guest bedroom. At the back of the bedroom is a small window, that is perfectly positioned to get sun all day. For whatever reason, I decided to leave the bedroom door open that day. Big mistake! When I left the door open, the window wound up being exactly behind the light, which was exactly behind the curtain, which was exactly behind me. So, then I had more light behind me than in front and that ruined my perfect ratio. :( It's that simple. I harassed several professional photographers, camped out in my local photography store for over an hour, glared at people's back to silently persuade them to stop chatting with the store's light expert and apparently shattered another guy's manhood by not believing that I was the victim of invisible fingerprints on the lens. After all that, we figured out that closing my guest room door would've fixed the problem...Sigh....
Anyway, everything is now all right in Merrie-ville, and I'll have these pictures to help me remember my lesson! Does anyone else have a job or hobby that's finicky like this
On a happy note: have you checked out eShakti's new web app? Honestly, I found their mobile site to be very easy to use, but their app is supposed to make ordering more simple and visually intuitive, especially when ordering customized clothing. Right now, they also have an introductory offer of a Gift Card of $20 for those who download the app + 20% off on any purchase made through the app! You can download them here:
 

Hope you enjoy!



New eShakti Dress  | Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Fall Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration

New eShakti Dress  | Curvy Outfit Ideas | Petite Outfit Ideas | Plus Size Fashion | Fall Fashion | OOTD | Professional Casual Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration


HEELS:  JOAN & DAVID | BRACELET: BANANA REPUBLIC (SIM)
NECKLACE: BANANA REPUBLIC  | DRESS: ESHAKTI (SIM)


GET THE LOOK WITH THIS CASUAL BUSINESS ATTIRE (UNDER $100):




Linking up with:

12 comments:

  1. That dress is so cute! The light blue color with the pretty bird print is just lovely!

    Photography is hard - especially self photography! Ugh, sometimes my pics turn out really nice and other times terrible.

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I had no idea how tough photography is until I became a blogger :)

      Delete
  2. Love the neckline on this! I love eshakti!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...me too! Their designers are so creative!

      Delete
  3. This color looks great on you Merrie (eShakti has such great patterns). I love how you accessorized and paired the dress with nude heels. Sorry you had a photography malfunction, but I think the photos turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tammy...I really appreciate this! I have a clothes-crush on them :)

      Delete
  4. I really appreciate photographers, taking a good picture is really a talent! Love the print in the dress and the accessories!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! I know...photography is such a skill...

      Delete
  5. Photography is soooo difficult! Lighting drives me crazy so we just go outside and shoot pictures. But - that is extremely limiting and one of the reasons I don't do many fashion shots. I need grow up and do it right they way you do! Your pictures always look so professional. I like the underexposed look. It looks so dreamy!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, scratch what I said earlier...I MEANT for them to look like this. :)

      Delete
  6. Such a pretty dress! Love the color and the print :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!