Monday, September 29, 2014

September Wardrobe Budget

September Wardrobe Budget


























Hi Ladies,
This is the first month I've had the pleasure of participating in Franish's Budgeting Bloggers Linkup.
The purpose is for bloggers to create budgets for the month and hold each other accountable to them, so with out further delay...

My budget for September was $800, which was higher than normal for 2 reasons:

1. Now that I've moved to the Bay Area, I actually need fall and winter clothes like sweaters and jackets.
2. I've gained a little weight since last year, so I have to replace a lot of staples.

My goals for the month were to:
  • Get clothes that were comfortable (duh!)
  • Get clothes that didn't require a lot of alterations (you'll notice I bought a lot of knits and stretchy items)
  • Stick to one color palette, so that everything could be mixed and matched (I chose this oxblood/ cranberry color, which is in all the stores right now)
  • Not pay full price for anything (always my goal!)
This is what I got:

Budget for September $800

Row 1

Row 2

Row 3

Row 4
Not pictured
  • Wallet $51
  • Cobalt dress from Macys $15
  • 3 Tees and a Necklace from LOFT $56
  • Black skirt & top from LOFT $49
  • Black sweater from Old Navy $24
** Prices shown are what I paid. This includes store discounts & rewards.**

Sub Total = $866
Money from Consigning Clothes = ($296)

Total = $570

So, I came in about $230 UNDER budget! :)


Also, please consider voting for my room in the "Room for Color" contest! Click here to vote. (Contest ends this Friday 10/3.) Thank you!

 
FTC Disclaimer:  
All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!


Linking up with:

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you that the cranberry colour is a big hit this season and all deep pastels :)
    Nice collection and good luck with the shopping this month. Looking forward to seeing your new outfits.

    Lu | The Blog of one Balgarka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried pairing it with pastels, but i'm going to...it's unexpected but cute :)

      Delete
  2. You did good with the budget! I need to try consigning! Love all the accessories and the leather skirt and striped jacket. Can't wait to see you rock em'. Off to vote for you, good luck!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you do! I bet atlanta has some good ones. I've earned about $1000 this year!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on coming in under budget! You are a rock star. What fantastic pieces you chose. I am really liking those skirts from Loft.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...Loft is knocking it out of the park this seasons...too many skirts and tops to pick from!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!