Monday, September 8, 2014

My New Living Room

Hi Ladies,
Whew! I finally moved in and finished decorating, so I thought I'd share my rooms with you over the next few weeks. Today is my favorite...the Living Room.

I had forgotten how hard it is to move to a new city and start a new job, so I really need to take those couple weeks off from blogging. It feels like it was so much longer, but I can't wait to start chatting with everyone again! :)Bright and Modern Living Room Decoration



Bright and Modern Living Room Decoration

Bright and Modern Living Room Decoration

Bright and Modern Living Room Decoration

Bright and Modern Living Room Decoration

Bright and Modern Living Room Decoration

Bright and Modern Living Room Decoration

Bright and Modern Living Room Decoration

Bright and Modern Living Room Decoration

Bright and Modern Living Room Decoration
So, the pictures below, are what my apartment looked like when I moved in...Nightmare!!! I had the great idea to sell all my furniture before I left, so that it wouldn't get chipped and damaged. However, I forgot about the fact that I would then have to box everything that I own. This is what it looked like when the movers left...totally overwhelming. I could've cried...or died...or left...but, I didn't...Thankfully, I didn't start work for another two weeks and I was able to find a wonderful lady on yelp (under unpacking/ organizing help), who helped me put away a lot of my stuff.

(Did I mention that I was also moving from a 2 bedroom apartment, w/ storage to a 1 bedroom w/o storage?) In addition, thankfully, my mother came up. With her help, I was able to turn this disaster area into the living room that you see above. It took about a month to buy/ pick out all the right furniture and then put it away, but in the long run...I guess that's not too much of a sacrifice.

I can't wait to start doing some fun stuff in the bay area...so far all I've done is eat yummy asian food and shop. (More on the asian food to come.) It's so beautiful here and there is so much to do...I can't wait!

Take care ladies, can't wait to catch up with you! :)



Here are a few of my items that are available online. I bought the other pieces of furniture at Home Goods (fantastic!) and Ikea.

FTC Disclaimer:  
All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!


Linking up with:

17 comments:

  1. You did a fantastic job with the living room! I absolutely love your selection of colors and oh that couch seems not just comfy but truly a great match with green!
    Red Reticule

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! Green is my absolute favorite color, so I pretty much want it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh..I love it too...especially bright leafy greens :)

      Delete
  3. It looks great! Love all the accent pieces and the green accents.Glad you're back!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooo... what a beautiful room you've put together. I love the fresh green accents over neutral greys - so chic and cozy :)

    Lu | www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say that's definitely a transformation! the space looks very open, inviting, tasteful, and classic! I love it! Now come decorate my place! :) Good to see you back! We've missed you!
    Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...it wasn't hard to have great "after" pictures considering what I was starting off with :)

      Delete
  6. It looks beautiful! I love the mirror!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful living room! I love love love the green! And the accent colors you chose to go with it are so pretty. I think it is pretty amazing that you did all that in such a short amount of time. I think it has taken me seven years to do my living room. LOL. Oh and that was a fantastic idea to get some help from a professional organizer. Moving is so overwhelming. Can't wait to see the rest of the apartment! Congrats!!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have to say that the yellow and green sort of fell in together. I owned the rug and pillows. Then I saw the green chest of drawers and the little side table and the rest was history! :)

      Delete
  8. Moving is crazy, I know, I moved from North Carolina to California last year and it was a nightmare. Well, your new living room looks amazing!!! The pillows are my favorite part, they look refreshing and stylish at the same time. Where are you living now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh! I moved from North Carolina to Phoenix a few years ago...it's a nightmare! Did you drive? Are you originally from there? Thanks so much about the pillows...I'm loving all the green. :) I'm now in the Bay Area.

      Delete
  9. You did a beautiful job decorating! Love the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks cosy and beautiful, want to visit..lol. You are really good at this. Following you on facebook (Diana Diana) Hope you follow my page back.
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!