Tuesday, October 1, 2013

How to Mix Patterns for Work (Fall 2013 Remix Outfit #1)

Hi All,
I wanted to do a post that shows how you can incorporate a current trend into your career clothes: mixing and matching prints. Generally, I think mixing large, high impact prints is inappropriate for my work, but I think you can get away with mixing one large print with a more subtle one. In addition, it helps to make both prints uniform and repeating, like dots and stripes.

What do you think? Have any of you come up with any other print combinations that work at work? (See Fall 2013 Remix: Shopping Haul! for additional details.)



Skirt: Jcrew Factory-old, Cardi: Banana Republic, Shirt: Ann Taylor, Bag: Banana Republic, Shoes: Ann Taylor-old, Watch: Michael Kors (See post on 9/29/13 for links to buy)

2 comments:

  1. Love the red and navy. Did a look like this recently
    k at www.beautystyleandgrowth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BSG, Thanks for stopping by! I love your 2 most recent outfits with burgundy...I'm starting to buy a lot of that now. Want to do a link up with burgundy themed outfits?

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!