Thursday, May 21, 2015

Getting Suited with Chadwicks - (Business Casual Attire)



Hi Ladies,
So, I guess you are wondering where I've been for the past few months?? Well, it's been a hectic journey and I probably won't get to all of it during this post, but here are the highlights:
 - I got pretty sick November of last year.
- I wound up leaving California and moving back to the South for treatment and to be closer to my family.
- I now live in Charlotte, NC, where I used to live about 5 years ago.
- The day I moved into my condo, it flooded, so I spent the next week living in a hotel and the following few months doing repairs. (This experience gave me a whole new understanding of Katrina victims and the people recently impacted by the floods in southern Asia. I can honestly say that I was devastated to come home to see 3 inches of water everywhere, all of my unpacked belongings soaked and my little kitties perched on top of the dresser like they had survived a shipwreck.)
- Along the way, I've started fostering two kitties (Prissy and Petey). I'll show you some pics some time. :)
- I've also spent a lot of time trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. Since I graduated from college (a decade ago), I've been moving non-stop. Every few years there was a new job, a new city and new people to meet. It was very exciting, but I made it too high of a priority. When I got sick (and it was kind of sudden), I went on leave from work for a long time. I'd never been away from work like that and it's really given me a chance to focus on me and how to create the most happiness in my life. I don't have all the answers now, but I'm motivated and working on it. :)
- I've started biking again and getting to know my friends in Charlotte.
- I've really missed talking to all of you and really appreciate the comments while I was on my "hiatus". I apologize to those of you who commented and are getting a very, very late response. I can't wait to dig back into everyone's blog and learn what you've been up to. :)
While I'm chatting, I want to thank Chadwicks of Boston for sending me this suit to review! They are a find for petites (they sell up to a size 16P) and also for plus sizes. (One awesome thing I learned about them is that they put elastic in the skirt band of the plus size version of this suit, making it super comfortable to sit in!)
I promise not to be gone so long in the future...talk to you soon!






SUIT SKIRT: C/O CHADWICKS | SUIT JACKET: C/O CHADWICKS
TOP: ANN TAYLOR  | CARDIGAN: J.CREW FACTORY

GET THE LOOK WITH THESE BUSINESS CASUAL PIECES (UNDER $100):




FTC Disclaimer:
All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!
Linking up with:

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! I had no idea you were going through soooo much! I am so happy you are back and feeling better!!! And fostering kitties! You look gorgeous as always! Oh it really is wonderful to have you back! Take your time easing back into blogging. We'll all still be here!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...you are super sweet! I'm feeling a little chunky in those pictures, so I appreciate your take :).
    Yeah, girl it's been crazy...looking forward to catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back and hope you are settling in now! Love the color of the top too!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lady, thanks and it's good to hear from you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a perfect outfit for formal meetings. I just loved it. Even I'm plus size and would like to order similar professional outerwear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean, thanks for stopping by! If you try Chadwicks, let me know how you like them!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!