Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Blue Blazer + Flare Skirt

Petite fashion: blue blazer + cranberry flare skirt

Hi Ladies,
I'm probably wearing this outfit right now in Des Moines, Iowa. I'm writing this on Sunday night. I fly out tomorrow, but have no idea what the weather will be like there. Plus, if you've ever been in a conference room in corporate American, you know they are usually freezing! So, I've got a backup pant outfit.

Also, try not to make fun of me for posing with my iPad. :)  I'm playing out a fantasy where I've gotten rid of my big, bulky work laptop and replaced it with something small and sleek.

Plus, checkout the bottom of the post to see some of the fun I had this weekend, and don't forget to come back next week...I've been working on something special! :)

Petite fashion: blue blazer + cranberry flare skirt

Petite fashion: blue blazer + cranberry flare skirt

Petite fashion: blue blazer + cranberry flare skirt

Petite fashion: blue blazer + cranberry flare skirt
This is the one fun thing that I got to do last weekend: I went to the Oakland Farmers Market and got Dim Sum! I don't know if farmer's markets just weren't a big thing in the south, but I didn't really get into them until I moved out west. I plan to do a full post on it some time, but for now...I'll just tempt you :). The first 2 pictures below are of steamed dumplings...I just told them to pick out some yummy ones for me, as long as they weren't salmon. (They've got about 20 different kinds, so there is no way I could pick them out myself.)
Gourmet Dim Sum Review - Oakland Farmers Mkt

Gourmet Dim Sum Review - Oakland Farmers Mkt
My other favorite Dim Sum dish is sesame balls...like below. They are a pastry, filled with sweet bean paste and rolled in seasame seeds. (I understand that sweet bean paste, may not sound tempting to some, but it's delicous!!!)
Gourmet Dim Sum Review - Oakland Farmers Mkt
 These are potstickers that I have to try next time. Take care ladies! Bye!
Gourmet Dim Sum Review - Oakland Farmers Mkt

Click on the pictures below to buy:



F
FTC Disclaimer:  
All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!


Linking up with:

15 comments:

  1. Merrie, you look quite Corporate and always the best accessories! Can't wait to see what you've been working on!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U r too kind! Can you start calling me in the morning to give me a pick me up? :)

      Delete
  2. Love ur skirt and shoes! Such a great fall color! You look great! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wished I had a sleek iPad instead of a chunky laptop too. I have those heels and they are by far the most comfortable pair of shoes I own. I am a huge fan of Dim Sum but have never seen them offered at my local farmer's market.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    P.S. Hope you will stop by and join TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I will def join ur linkup :) I know...I can't believe how comfy they r...especially for pointed toe pumps!

      Delete
  4. Mmmm... those seseme balls look delicious! Hope you are feeling better and having a nice time in Iowa which sounds really strange to say. I know you are working but is there fun to be had in... Iowa? I just got a computer with a smaller screen and I am having a hard time adjusting to it. But it's so nice to have a small slick computer that I can take anywhere. I say - go for it!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...now that I'm back from Iowa, I can say that I only saw the inside of the Marriott and Buffalo Wild Wings...I definitely didn't see enough :). One thing though is that when the wind blows it feels like a tornado!

      Delete
  5. Amazing look! You look stunning in that outfit! Super professional!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute skirt! Love the color and the flare!

    Jenna from Visions of Vogue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colour combination you have on today. Your skirt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The skirt is so pretty and looks great with the blazer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!