Monday, January 6, 2014

What to Wear While Losing Weight!


Curvy, Petite Outfit Ideas | Professional and Casual-Chic Fashion and Style Inspiration | What to Wear While Losing Weight!

Hi Ladies,
If any of you have dieted, then you know the feeling of not wanting to invest in clothing until you have reached your ideal weight. However, you could be looking at 1 month, 2 months, maybe 6 months of wearing the same clothes. (The Horror!) Well, I've lost weight a few times and I want to share the pieces of clothing that fitted me the longest. If you have any items that you've found, be a  good samaritan and leave them in the comments so we can all benefit. :) Good luck reaching your goals! You can find all these items to buy in the grid below.
  • Wrap dresses: they are your friend! You can cinch them in for the first few sizes and then get a tailor to take in the sides if you lose more. Get one in a stretchy fabric. I'm a big fan of the Banana Republic Gemma dress because it comes in a bunch of colors and in petite, tall and regular sizes!
  • Blazers: due to their structure, they still look good over a few sizes. Once they get too big, then a tailor can take them in at the waist. It's an easy alteration. As long as your shoulders don't shrink, the rest of the blazer will fit fine and it's not likely that you'll lose weight in your shoulders. Buying the blazer in a stretchy, knit fabric will help even more.
  • Knit fit and flare dresses: Look for a cotton, poly blend that has some stretch. Get it to fit you now. When you start losing weight, the bodice will shrink since it's stretch, and then you can add a waist belt to make it look even more fitted.
  • Knit Shirts: This one from Ann Taylor is great because it has a collar making it work appropriate, but the casual material makes it great for play. Since it's a knit, stretch material, it has the same benefits as the blazer.
  • Ponte Legging Jeans: These are from Gap, but many shops have them. They have many benefits: 1) have a lot of stretch so they will shrink with you 2) have belt loops, so you can cinch them in when you start to loose 3) are thicker than your regular leggings...so they'll be slimming and not see through. Many of my friends like the ones by Spanx and find them extra slimming!
  • A-line Skirts: This shape will only need to fit in the waist. If you buy it in a knit material, then the waist will shrink to accommodate you. Banana Republic makes one every season and I've worn mine over 2 different sizes without tailoring. (Unfortunately, the one from their winter collection it's all sold out right now.)
  • Jewelry, Jewelry, Jewelry: it has no size and makes you feel pretty. Need I say more?
On a different note, this week my NYE outfit has been chosen as a favorite on More Pieces of Me and On the Daily Express's Holiday Style Linkup Party! Thank you ladies!

Click on Images Below to Buy! Please note that similar items are listed if the original is sold out.
All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however If you decide to make a purchase through the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!

Linkup Button
DCinStyle

14 comments:

  1. Great post, Merrie and perfectly timed for the new year. And jewelry of course is a brilliant suggestion. Love the color scheme in your graphic, too. Lots of pretty pieces there! :)
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips and I love the colors scheme also. Navy gray lime..will have to try that soon
    k at www.beautystyleandgrowth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such great tips! There is nothing more flattering than a wrap dress in my opinion! Thanks for linking up Mix it Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome idea for a post. Great suggestions!
    And this is one reason why I love shoes! I'm the same size no matter how much I weigh :)
    Thanks for sharing this with the holiday style linkup!
    morepom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha...so true...you can always count on shoes! :)

      Delete
  5. Totally agree...anything with stretch is a godsend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love this post. The outfits, the colors...I'm searching my closet to put some of these together.

    Have a lovely day!!
    ~xx Skye
    TheShopaholicSAHM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I wish I owned all of these...can't wait for them to go on sale :)

      Delete
  7. These are all really cute options and you really gave some great tips! I've also taken off buttons from blazers and moved them up to an inch to 'take in' a blazer that is too big. As a mommy, I notice these items would work in the reverse direction too (if you were accommodating a growing bump!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, The button idea is really good! I've loosened pants that way, but never though of doing it on blazers...what a good idea. Thats a good point about these being able to accommodate a baby bump too. :)

      Delete
  8. So true. I think fit and flare dresses and wrap dresses are especially good for this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips, Merrie!! Love these ideas because I can completely relate to being in a weight loss transition phase of my life right now. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I look forward to reading yours :) Whitney @ Polka-Dotty Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...I have to makeup for my holiday sins :(

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!