Friday, March 28, 2014

Petit Vour & Nailette

Hi Ladies,
I'm so behind on my subscription box reviews, so thank you for bearing with me. I'll get back on track this month!
March Nailette Box

Here is my March Nailette Box! I received 2 hand-selected colors, based on my tastes and skin tone for $9.99. This month I received Orly's Purple Crush (a magenta, pink color) and OPI's Love Angel Music Baby (a satin-finish gold). (If you are interested in signing up, use this code meredith50 and you will receive 20% off your first box.) I love the magenta color and immediately got a pedicure with it. However, I didn't think you wanted to see enlarged close-ups of my feet, so luckily I found...

Beauty Sauce who was kind enough to let me use her pictures. She's written a detailed review of the polish here and has a bunch of other cool posts on beauty and fashion.



March Petit Vour BoxNext, on to my February Petit Vour Box. It cost $15/ month and included the following things:

  • Everyday Minerals Tinted Lip Butter: Blooming Mauve - pretty, shimmery color, but too pale for me. (see swatch #2. It looks darker in the picture.)
  • R.L. Linden & Co Beautifying Mist - smells nice, would be nice to spray on clothes or hair for a light scent.
  • Everyday Minerals Color Corrector: Sunlight - I'm not a 100% sure what to do with this. It looks like a face powder, but I'm afraid that it will leave an ashy cast on my skin.
  • OFRA Blush: Charm - looks a bit chalky when applied to my arm (see swatch #1), but will try it on my cheeks.
As much as I love Petit Vour's gentle formulas and cruelty free philosophy, their colors don't work with my skin tone. Plus, I have very sensitive skin and am afraid to use any of the facial products. I think this is a great concept and would highly recommend it for someone looking for a Vegan version of Ipsy or Birchbox. I also like the fact that most of the products are full size and therefore it seems like a good value for the money!

Therefore, I'm saying goobye to Petit Vour. They deserve to be loved, but unfortunately that can't be me. :(


All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission or discount on products for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!


6 comments:

  1. Always interesting to read your thoughts on your box services! I bet that ORLY color looks amazing on your skintone, but I understand the no-feet-closeups concerns! :)
    Gina
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  2. That purple/pink is sooo pretty. Too bad about the Petit Vour Box. It's wonderful that their cosmetics are cruelty free as well as full size. Thank you for the reviews!!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some good products. I especially adore OPI at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ORLY nail varnish is such a hot girly colour! :)

    Lu,
    www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so behind in times as I've never even heard of either of these boxes! I swear I don't live under a rock! Love that magenta color! And glad I'm not the only one self conscious of their feet right now! :)
    Boo that the second box didn't work out, but it does sound like a great Vegan alternative! Thanks for sharing! Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a nice set of samples

    xo,
    http://www.chachathefashiongenius.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!