Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wantables Makeup and Accessory Review


Hi Ladies,
I got my new Wantables boxes! They are quickly shaping up to be my favorite subscription service! (What is Wantables? Click here.) This box was very cool and came with items that I've never tried, but always wanted to!
  • Fake Eyelashes - I've always wanted to try some in my pictures.
  • Lip Gloss - this was a brownish nude, not the prettiest color on me...I usually like bright colors.
  • Teal Eyeliner - great for summer!
  • Brow Gel - I'm always looking for an easy way to color my brows in the morning. DO NOT press this into your brows like how you would press mascara into your eyelashes!!! Use light strokes, otherwise it will look like you rubbed shoe polish on your face. (I tried it.)
  • Multistick - it can be a blush or lipstick. I used it as a blush and love the sheer pop of color. (I applied it very thickly for the swatch.)

Here is the cute jewelry that I received this month. I will probably hold all of them for spring, but can't wait to wear them. One cool thing I learned is how great their customer service is! The silver ring was too small, so I sent them a message and they immediately sent me the ring below instead. Isn't it cute?


I missed doing my Chow Locally update last week, so here are the new recipes I tried:

Ramen pride + swiss chard. I added the chard when I put in the noodles. After it was done, I added a dash of sesame seed oil and cayenne pepper. Yum!

Sauteed remaining kale in wine and garlic. Served it with spring garlic bread (recipe here). It was ok.

I also tried orange cheesecake crumble. It was awesome and healthy! Just remember to let the cream cheese come to room temperature otherwise you'll get lumps. (recipe here)

All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission or discount for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!

11 comments:

  1. Oh, there's that naughty kitty again! I love spying on your beauty/jewelry box finds and seeing what you make. That stacked chevron ring is super cool, and I love the bold turquoise necklace, too. Can't wait to see how you wear them! -Gina
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, there's my pet vegan monster! Thanks...I was wondering if the recipes are useful to anyone. BTW...I saw the same ring on bauble bar.

      Delete
  2. The box looks fab! I love the necklace!

    Cute cat! I'm jealous, I really want a kitty of my own =(

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get one! There are so many cute kitties out there :)

      Delete
  3. Your ca eats salads?!?! This is truly amazing :)
    The earrings and the ring are so pretty!

    Lu,
    www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! :) And she loves to drink water...she's healthier than I am :)

      Delete
  4. Awwww... look at Mary eating her greens! Our cat, Scooter, eats lettuce too.( Um - yes - I've got four cats. lol) He loves it!
    Those veggie recipes look so good. Oh my gosh - and the cheescake! I loooove cream cheese and that sounds too good!
    And, I am really loving the color of the lip/blush stick. So fresh and pretty.
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool and weird...I've never had a cat that would eat greens, but I'm finding out that it's kinda normal. (Hopefully, we'll get to see some pics of the rest of your gang) Also, you have to try the cheesecake...it was so good and easy! I like it even better w/o the crumble.

      Delete
  5. I really want to try the accessories box from Wantable! They always included the coolest pieces and it's nice to know they have great customer service, too. I actually love the silver ring- too bad it didn't fit!

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you should...at the beginning of the year I signed up for 7 subscription services, but this has honestly been my favorite. Next month's comes tomorrow and I can't wait! :)

      Delete
  6. You got some goodies...Love that lipstick!!! Thank you for linking up with Beauty Buzz!

    xo,
    Janise
    http://MamaInHeels.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!