Monday, February 17, 2014

Cheap, Chic Beauty Finds

Cheap, Chic Beauty

Hi Ladies,
I love Tarte makeup because it's sheer, natural looking and comes in easy-to-apply tubes and sticks. (Plus, they don't use a lot of harsh chemicals and are formulated for sensitive skin.) However, I hate spending $20 - $30 on an item of makeup :(. Therefore, after shelling out my money for a few years, I decided to give my local drugstore a try. (BTW...all L'Oreal and Revlon items are on sale at CVS this week!) So checkout these sets for my favorite drugstore buys. P.S. Yes, I know that Clinique is not sold in drugstores, but their prices are usually the best in any makeup department. :)
Cheap, Chic Beauty

  • Revlon Lipstick: Good all-around creamy lipstick 
  • Revlon Lip Gloss: Moisturizing and sheer, but not too sticky
  • Tube Mascara: I love tube mascara, because it doesn't smudge or flake. You just remove it w/ hot water at the end of the day. My favorite brand is Trish McEvoy but it's $30!!!
  • Revlon Lip Liner: I find it's consistency to be similar to the ones from MAC
  • L'Oreal Nail Polish: As good as Essie, but goes on sale. (It is a little sticky though.)
  • Clinque Even Better Compact Foundation: I don't think I'll ever go back to cream foundation! You can smear this on in the car or use it to touch up at the end of the day. If you have oily skin, it looks even better after your natural oils come out. 
Have a great week!

All opinions expressed in this blog are my own, however if you decide to click on the links above, I may earn a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!


13 comments:

  1. I'm loving your illustrated picture with the beautiful cat in your feet :))

    Thank you for sharing this great beauty items!

    Lu,
    Giveaway Time: http://bit.ly/1f4R1FL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love reading what cosmetic items people use and love (or don't love!) Thanks for all the favorites and insights here!
    On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of revlon lip glosses and L'Oreal nail polishes. Great recommendations and tips! xoxo Elba at LiveColorful.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome - thank you! I'm so bad at doing my own research, I love reading other people's recs! Thanks for sharing!
    morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard such great things about Tarte blush but haven't pulled the trigger because of the price. Good to know there is a cheaper option! I'll have to check out the Revlon lipsticks and glosses, too now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh. I'd love to try out those Ulta cheek stains!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tips! I'm thinking of trying that Revlon Lip Butter.

    Have a great week!

    -Jenny
    http://www.babblingsofamommy.com/2014/02/nyfw-fall-2014-best-of-runway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those prices! Thanks for sharing! I am also loving your illustration with Mary! I can't remember if I let you know how awesome it is!!!
    xo,cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great dupes, I am always looking for inexpensive cosmetic alternatives!

    Undeniably, me

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE revlon lip colors and wear them often....although I am pretty addicted to my Clinique Chubby stick! Happy Wednesday.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of my favorites are in your round up! I love the Revlon lip butters, lipsticks and lip glosses.

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your tips!

    xo,
    Janise
    http://MamaInHeels.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from everyone and respond to all of them!